The Backlog Check-in Vol. 204: 11/27/21: Chorus Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 204: 11/27/21: Chorus Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Rabi-Ribi, Shadows of Adam

Finished: Rabi-Ribi

Playing: Shadows of Adam

Added: Avengers, Biomutant, Far Cry 6, Guardians of the Galaxy, Life is Strange: True Colors, Lost Judgment, Scarlet Nexus

I’ve been playing Shadows of Adam, and I’m near the end. It’s been a decent little retro 16-bit style top-down view turn-based JRPG (developed in America :P), but it’s on the short side for an RPG. It feels like I’m at the halfway point instead of at the end which is a bit of a shame since I’ve been enjoying it, and would like it to be a little longer.

Games releasing this week
Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All!
Beyond a Steel Sky
Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain
Century: Age of Ashes
Chorus
Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani
Dairoku: Ayakashimori
Danganronpa Decadence
Disney Magical World 2: My Happy Life
Evil Genius 2: World Domination
Fight Knight
Grim Dawn
Happy’s Humble Burger Farm
Icarus
Justice Chronicles
The Kids We Were: Complete Edition
Mechajammer
MXGP 2021
My Universe: Interior Designer
The Plane Effect
Propnight
Solar Ash
The Walking Zombie II
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 204: 11/27/21: Chorus Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Guardians of the Galaxy, Torchlight II

Last week: Finished nothing, played Forza Horizon 5 & Biomutant

This week: More of that, probably.

Horizon 5 is extremely addictive - just a top-notch arcade racer with a crazy amount of stuff to do.

I decided to bite on Guardians when I saw it for $25 @ Wal-Mart.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Lost Judgment PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Played some Lost Judgment last week, but focused more on relaxing during the holiday (and looking for bourbon).
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Shadows of Adam, it took me roughly 15 hours which felt a little short since it’s an RPG. The story and characters were just ok, the writing was juvenile a lot of the time and the attempted humor fell flat. The charming and cute pixel art graphics, turn-based combat and environment puzzles were the best aspects of the game. Unfortunately the ending was extremely brief, and unsatisfying. But I still enjoyed the overall game for the most part, and found it to be worth the $5 that I paid for it.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I started playing Scarlet Nexus, and I’ve been enjoying it. It’s a third person Japanese action game with light RPG elements. It has an appealing futuristic sci-fi anime aesthetic with nice graphics.

It’s story driven with cutscenes, character interaction and some NPCs, but the core game is action with real-time combat. And the combat is good. It’s fast paced, and fun. In addition to melee attacks and dodges, you can also lift and hurl environment objects at enemies Jedi force power style.

I paid $25 for it, but I would have been fine paying more because it’s a quality game with good production values. I would recommend it to everyone here who likes Japanese action games.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: The Adventure Pals, What Remains of Edith Finch

Finished: The Adventure Pals

Added to backlog: A Knight's Quest, Aggelos

Current backlog: 22 (18 PS4, 4 Switch)

After a great time with The Adventure Pals (I'll probably play through again co-op with my daughter to get the missable trophy), I moved on to Edith Finch. Very interesting so far... things took a strange turn.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Scarlet Nexus is on my Steam wishlist phase. Looks good to me.

I had a nice Thanksgiving with family. Hope you guys all had a nice holiday too.

I bought several games during the Steam sale. I've got to get back to playing something though.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:31 amAfter a great time with The Adventure Pals (I'll probably play through again co-op with my daughter to get the missable trophy), I moved on to Edith Finch. Very interesting so far... things took a strange turn.
It seems like you finished The Adventure Pals fairly quickly, is it short? I have What Remains of Edith Finch in my backlog, and plan on playing it when the mood strikes me.
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:37 pmScarlet Nexus is on my Steam wishlist phase. Looks good to me.
Yeah, I think that you, argyle and crim will really like it. Possibly cane and j, too. Also check out Code Vein if you haven’t already, it’s like an anime Soulsborne.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:31 amI moved on to Edith Finch. Very interesting so far... things took a strange turn.
Strange is common in that game.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:56 am Also check out Code Vein if you haven’t already, it’s like an anime Soulsborne.
Oh yeah, it's been on my Steam wishlist since it came out. I almost pulled the trigger on this most recent sale, but I wasn't ready to play it right away, so I held off. I'm sure I'll love it though. I just bought 29 games with the sale and this month's Humble Bundle. I gotta draw the line somewhere. :P Thanks for the recommendation.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!