The Backlog Check-in Vol. 206: 12/11/21: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Edition

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 206: 12/11/21: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Edition

Post by jfissel »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:46 pm I probably ought to start throwing my year-end list/reviews together if I'm going to do this thang again this year. I'm not sure what my game of the year is...probably something by David Cage...
The year isn't over! lol

But yeah, always a fun read.
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 206: 12/11/21: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:18 am
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:46 pmI probably ought to start throwing my year-end list/reviews together if I'm going to do this thang again this year. I'm not sure what my game of the year is...probably something by David Cage...
The year isn't over! lol

But yeah, always a fun read.
There’s only a couple of weeks left in the year, so it’s unlikely that he’ll play and finish much more before it’s over. I know that I won’t finish anything else before the end of the year because I’m currently playing Far Cry 6 which is a big open world game packed with content, so I’m going to go ahead and make my top 10 games of the year list today.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Yeah, I love izzy's annual wrap-ups. Such a crazy variety of games.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah, I'm not sure I'll have time to add a game to the rest of the year. I've still got to finish up Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and well, Christmas is coming.

I played very little for the first few months of this year, but I made up for it down the stretch, lol. I ended up playing way more retro stuff than I anticipated, but I had some fun times with plenty of what I played. Of course, the bulk of what I played was probably of the 3-star variety (average will be average :P), but there are a good number of excellent titles that highlighted my year.

Look forward to you guys lists/reviews as well. I need to be reminded of what's current. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I played more Far Cry 6 and despite not really liking how quickly that you’re thrown into the action, it’s appealing to me more now. After the rather disappointing direction that Ubisoft went with Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, it’s nice to play a Far Cry game again that feels like a true follow-up to Far Cry 3 and 4.

The story and characters have been pretty good, and the gameplay is pick up and play fun. It’s like a first person version of Ghost Recon: Wildlands which is one of my favorite military games. It has a lot of the same elements that made that game so much fun.