The Backlog Check-in Vol. 208: 12/25/21: Christmas Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 208: 12/25/21: Christmas Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks man. Hey, might as well keep it real, we've been knocking around here for a decade or so, right? Hope things get better in your situation.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Thanks cane. You too.

I'm not a complainer, by nature. Life is hard for everyone at times. Just the nature of being human.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:25 pmWatched Matrix 4 which I really enjoyed, but then saw a review that told me I shouldn't have? My bad, I guess. Also started watching The Witcher season 2, first ep of that was awesome.
My brother and his wife really liked The Matrix Resurrections as well. They’re also watching The Witcher, and they said that it’s really good. I’ll watch them both eventually, but there’s just so much to watch with all of the streaming services that I have. I’m currently watching The Hunger Games movies, I’ve only seen the first one before. I have so much to catch up on when it comes to shows and movies, it’s not only my video game backlog that’s ridiculous. :P
argyle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:25 pmI'll probably put my top 10 list up this week.
Yay! :D
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:30 amI also started up South Park : The Fractured but Whole, and it's as expected, funny and true to the show. (But can I just say that I hate Ubisoft Connect though, ugh! What an intrusive "LOOK AT ME", I will interrupt you about tons of pointless things constantly launcher, sheesh! To be fair, I quickly disabled all of their ceaseless begging for attention, as much as was possible anyway. Their launcher is just an absolutely perfect reflection of what I can't stand about them as a company. Products! Product! Products! Good LORD! End rant.)
Yeah, Ubisoft Connect is definitely something that I dislike about their games. I think that it was the worst in The Division 2, it was really intrusive and further reminded me why I don’t like online based games. It’s also present in their single player games as well, but not quite as much of a nuisance. However, it’s still enough to be annoying. I also dislike the somewhat recent trend of companies making you have to agree to pages of terms and services if you want to play their games. I just want the title screen and start option, no other bullshit before playing the games that I bought.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:37 pmBelated Merry Christmas, y'all. Hope yours was awesome. Mine was not... some tough family stuff going on.
isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:12 pmMine was not the best Christmas either...also tough family issues.
I can relate, I didn’t have a good Christmas either for the same reasons.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:22 pm I just want the title screen and start option, no other bullshit before playing the games that I bought.
What a concept. You buy a product from a company and you get to use it without any other intrusions. Shocking concept! :P

Companies these days want to "own" their consumers' attention, but all it does for me is turn me off to the companies that employ these types of aggressive/controlling tactics.

Edit: sorry about your Christmas as well phase. We're the miserable amigos this year, ha.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Lost Judgment PS5

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

In the Finale of Lost Judgment, should beat it today!

Sorry to hear about your Christmases. Mine was fine...drove to see the family (glad I didn't fly with all the cancellations) and picked up a few bottles of bourbon along the way. Hope you get that PS5, cane!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks! I know very little about bourbon, but what did you grab? I assume this was passing through Kentucky? I got my son-in-law some rye whiskey from Sagamore in Baltimore, good stuff.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

And the credits rolled on Lost Judgment last night! The final game I beat this year, I think that brings my total up to 11. I'll make a thread soon with my rankings.
canedaddy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:33 pm Thanks! I know very little about bourbon, but what did you grab? I assume this was passing through Kentucky? I got my son-in-law some rye whiskey from Sagamore in Baltimore, good stuff.
I've heard the Sagamore rye can be good. I grabbed a Knob Creek store pick for a friend, a Missouri bourbon while in St Louis, and unbelievably found a Jack Daniel's 2021 special release (Coy Hill High Proof) while driving through Indiana. It's actually hard to find the stuff on my wishlist in Kentucky. That Jack Daniel's though...140.1 proof is my bottle but they can go up to 148. It's going to be a lottery item here in Ohio next month, meaning it won't be on shelves - you have to enter via the state's website and they randomly pick winners. So finding a bottle on a shelf in another state (for MSRP) was awesome.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Congrats. Was it as great as you hoped? Or are you saving it for a special occasion?
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:54 pm Congrats. Was it as great as you hoped? Or are you saving it for a special occasion?
I opened the JD Coy Hill and have had it a few times. It 100% has some heat, but drinks well under the 140 proof. I'm not great with picking out specific flavors, but I think it's really good overall.