Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Far Cry 6

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Far Cry 6

Added: Outriders, Tales of Arise

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 208: 12/25/21: Christmas Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Hope y'all had a Merry Xmas! I got clothes. Seriously, everyone just bought me clothes. I was totally here for that too :D!

Played: Lego. *******. Marvel. Super. *******. Heroes. *******. 2...DBZ Kakarot...oh the Outriders demo which I don't hate but also don't love (the trailer made it look like Lost Planet 2. It is not Lost Planet 2 :| )...I guess I should count the urge to buy Avengers as what I have played most this week. I am so goshdanged close...but I know better :| ...but they put Spider-Man in it :ugeek: ...

Beat: Nothing.

Bought: Nothing yet. I already have what I really want from the sale in my cart, trying to decide if I want Outrides, Samurai Jack or...Avengers to be my over $10 purchase. Trying not to go too crazy :) .

Outriders is just not hitting right like I thought. I may finish up the demo but it's kinda basic. Kakarot is the spectacle I want and it's kinda dumb fun to wander the world when not locked in epic CyberConnect2 combat. I want to focus on something this week that I can try to finish. Might end up being Kakarot. Or the rest of DQ11S. All I know is I ain't doing my goty list until at least mid January. I am a bit behind where I feel I should be and have my finger in too many pots at the moment and I want to get some things knocked off before I confirm. I am actually torn on what my goty is at the moment. I know, I am just as surprised as you are :shock: !
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: ...nothing!

Last week: Played/finished Firewatch.

This week: Once my TV gets delivered Tues & I get it setup, I'm definitely playing SOMETHING! :P

Hope everyone had a great Christmas w/ family & friends. I got a few vinyl records that I wanted and a few other odds & ends, more than I deserved. Was most happy about some of the stuff I gave to Tam, especially this awesome temp color changing coffee mug. It has an image from the opening of Skyrim on it w/ the guy in the cart saying "Good, you're finally awake" that appears when you pour something hot in it. She is currently playing Skyrim AGAIN, and she absolutely loves the mug. :D

Watched Matrix 4 which I really enjoyed, but then saw a review that told me I shouldn't have? My bad, I guess. Also started watching The Witcher season 2, first ep of that was awesome.

I'll probably put my top 10 list up this week. Heck, I'm not even sure if I finished 10 games this year.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Wait...we have to finish them :shock: ? :P That mug sounds cool argyle. I should have gotten something like that for the tea obsessed love of my life. I just got her a food processor attachment for her mixer and clothes. Dullsville fam :P

Soooo...turns out my winter break game is going to be...Persona 5 Strikers? I bumped it down to easy and just went with it this morning and now I'm cruising through, unlocking arts, learning characters and having a button mashing blast! The game just kinda clicked after an hour in a way it simply hadn't the last dozen or so times I gave it a chance. I think I died too fast and wasn't hitting a groove. It's got all the spectacle I need and the breezy, fun banter of the P5 crew. I was going to focus on CrossCode but...ummm...you know what, I am going to finish CrossCode before I do my list. I am doing that game dirty. But it's going to have to wait until P5 Strikers. Maybe I will try mowing down both before January ends...
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Thank God I set it to easy! If I actually had to play this game seriously, I would lose my mind remembering all the combo strings and characters and my old...er man hands not being able to keep up. But I finally beat the first...not palace but palace but it's totally not really a palace...thing in P5 Strikers. They touched up or remixed all the music...except Life Will Change because it's ******** PERFECT and they best not have touched that piece of heaven! The story is fun, overly talky Persona stuff and I am totally down for this. Looks like it's finally going to make the cut for 2021 somehow. Only took 10 months but I am finally down for some P5 Strikers :P
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I've mostly got my 2021 wrap up finished. I'll start posting it - in drips and drabs - later today.

I also started up South Park : The Fractured but Whole, and it's as expected, funny and true to the show. (But can I just say that I hate Ubisoft Connect though, ugh! What an intrusive "LOOK AT ME", I will interrupt you about tons of pointless things constantly launcher, sheesh! To be fair, I quickly disabled all of their ceaseless begging for attention, as much as was possible anyway. Their launcher is just an absolutely perfect reflection of what I can't stand about them as a company. Products! Product! Products! Good LORD! End rant.)

I also started a game I've been incredibly intrigued about for a while on PC that I picked up in the Steam sale, although it was barely discounted, but I just couldn't wait. It's a game called : The Longing :. The premise is that you are a shade (a little dark being with glowing yellow eyes who is instructed to awaken the King only after 400 (real-time days) have passed. (There are apparently ways to speed up the clock.) But you live underground and wander/explore, collect things, read (yes -read...many books), draw, decorate your cave home and wait, wait, wait. It's not a game for the impatient as your character moves very slowly and exploration is at a snails pace, but the atmosphere is incredible to me, and it has really engaged my curiosity.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:30 am (But can I just say that I hate Ubisoft Connect though, ugh! What an intrusive "LOOK AT ME", I will interrupt you about tons of pointless things constantly launcher, sheesh! To be fair, I quickly disabled all of their ceaseless begging for attention, as much as was possible anyway. Their launcher is just an absolutely perfect reflection of what I can't stand about them as a company. Products! Product! Products! Good LORD! End rant.)
YOOOOOOO!!!! I am here for this izzy! This **** drives me up the wall. I don't get it at all. Honestly, the second certain games won't even start until I sign up for whatever nonsense they are forcing on me makes me not even bother. It was SO obtrusive in The Division I had to stop playing. It just kept going and going. I hadn't even started the game, I don't even know what they were on about! Wildlands did the same thing but I was able to turn it off quicker there. Thanks for calling them out :) !
isthatallyougot

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:58 am
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:30 am (But can I just say that I hate Ubisoft Connect though, ugh! What an intrusive "LOOK AT ME", I will interrupt you about tons of pointless things constantly launcher, sheesh! To be fair, I quickly disabled all of their ceaseless begging for attention, as much as was possible anyway. Their launcher is just an absolutely perfect reflection of what I can't stand about them as a company. Products! Product! Products! Good LORD! End rant.)
YOOOOOOO!!!! I am here for this izzy! This **** drives me up the wall. I don't get it at all. Honestly, the second certain games won't even start until I sign up for whatever nonsense they are forcing on me makes me not even bother. It was SO obtrusive in The Division I had to stop playing. It just kept going and going. I hadn't even started the game, I don't even know what they were on about! Wildlands did the same thing but I was able to turn it off quicker there. Thanks for calling them out :) !
And I'm probably more annoyed than most, given my general disposition towards Ubi, lol. Can I JUST PLAY MY DA*N GAME! :P

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Belated Merry Christmas, y'all. Hope yours was awesome. Mine was not... some tough family stuff going on. Still grateful that we can be together now.

Played recently: Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 21 (17 PS4, 4 Switch)

Fell Seal is still a lot of fun for those looking for a new game in the vein of FF Tactics.

Depending on how I do in two fantasy football championship games this weekend, I might be getting a PS5 sooner than expected. We will see! :)
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:37 pm Belated Merry Christmas, y'all. Hope yours was awesome. Mine was not... some tough family stuff going on. Still grateful that we can be together now.

Played recently: Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 21 (17 PS4, 4 Switch)

Fell Seal is still a lot of fun for those looking for a new game in the vein of FF Tactics.

Depending on how I do in two fantasy football championship games this weekend, I might be getting a PS5 sooner than expected. We will see! :)
Mine was not the best Christmas either...also tough family issues. I wouldn't have said anything - didn't want to dampen the mood, but since you did. :P

Good luck with the fantasy playstation.