argyle

Re: The Haul Thread 2022

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:05 am
argyle wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:23 am
Also, I got one of the best Halloween movies ever in the mail the other day:

PXL_20221018_173041682.jpg

Top that. :P

You're welcome. I have a ridiculously complicated history of love/hate with this dumbass ball of cheese, one of the best bad movies of the 80's :) .
I knew someone here had to be familiar with it - it is terrifically bad.

Fun fact: I was friends with a guy who had a lunatic for a father - the guy was a "pastor" at the absolute smallest churches in the area, he would stay at one until they ran him off & he'd find another to take him. Anyway, one time when he was between pastor gigs & was attending our church as a member he went to my dad one Sunday morning & told him that my friend and I were into witchcraft because I had let my friend borrow my copy of this movie & he had seen it (seen the tape I'm assuming, dunno if he actually watched the movie). My dad, God bless him, told the man he was crazy. :lol:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
The Alliance Alive HD Remastered
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
Battlefield Hardline
Hunter’s Legacy
Justice Chronicles
Need For Speed: Rivals
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Sakura Wars
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:06 am
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
I always thought I'd really enjoy that one. One day maybe I'll get around to it.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:44 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:06 amNeverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
I always thought I'd really enjoy that one. One day maybe I'll get around to it.
I’ve always been interested in it since it’s a BioWare game, I decided to check it out today and it seems like something that I could get into. The graphics are early 3D polygon graphics so they’re dated, but there’s still a certain charm to them. It kind of looks like a PS1 or Dreamcast game, but it’s displayed in HD widescreen which makes it look a little more current despite everything being really blocky with low detail textures. The game itself seems like it’s going to be a pretty good D&D RPG.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:31 pm I’ve always been interested in it since it’s a BioWare game, I decided to check it out today and it seems like something that I could get into. The graphics are early 3D polygon graphics so they’re dated, but there’s still a certain charm to them. It kind of looks like a PS1 or Dreamcast game, but it’s displayed in HD widescreen which makes it look a little more current despite everything being really blocky with low detail textures. The game itself seems like it’s going to be a pretty good D&D RPG.
Yeah, it's an oldie, but it seems like it's got plenty of charm and depth, and the graphics are fine to me. I've thought about firing it up a few times, but spoiled for choice, ha.

isthatallyougot

Vector Thrust
Nimbus
Homebrew - Patent Unknown
Crashday Redline Edition
Antigraviator
Anna's Quest (another interesting P&C)
Merchants of Kaidan
Castlevania Anniversary Collection (I've never played any of the really old Castlvanias.)
Husk
The Great Perhaps
Decay: The Mare
Mortal Kombat XL (Haven't played a MK game since 3 on PS1. I hope it's evolved. And it was sub $5)
Jetboard Joust
Disgaea 2 PC (Have on PS2, but cheap.)
Voodoo Vince: Remastered (have on Xbox, but again, very cheap.)
Super Mega Baseball 3 (I'm afraid to even start this one, because I'll never stop.)
Pineview Drive (really interesting horror title. The vibe seems up my alley and it was on my wish list for a long time.)
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition (played this on the DS and loved it, but nice to have on Steam)
BioShock: The Collection (Played them all, but found a great deal with all DLC which I never played.)
Undungeon
Deadfall Adventures (Never heard of this Indy-inspired FPS, but it looks up my alley)
F.E.A.R. (Have all 3 on PS3, but never played one, and it was only a buck.)
Armed and Dangerous (my key still hasn't unlocked for this, and I've got it on Xbox, but wanted it on Steam - hope it gets sorted)
Tron 2.0
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
Randal's Monday (Looks like a hilarious and meaty P&C)
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (played on PS2 and really enjoyed it. Nice to have on Steam.)
Cultures - Northland
Breach & Clear
Resident Evil Village

$74.57 for everything, which made me think of "new and improved" console game pricing of $69 (for some of the new stuff anyway).

31 games for $2.41 a piece, and while a handful are duplicates to physical copies (that I wanted on Steam anyway), I can't complain about such a great value. And that's not counting the compilations of the Bioshock collection and Castlevania Anniversary. If I consider each of those broken down into individual games, it's an even more astonishing $1.86 a pop. Amazing!

argyle

Post by argyle »

Tron 2.0 is a lost gem - such an amazing game.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:39 am Tron 2.0 is a lost gem - such an amazing game.
Yeah, that's what I've heard, but I never even got a sniff of it in the past. I don't remember anything about it at least. Hoping I'll enjoy it.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:36 amAnna's Quest (another interesting P&C)
Castlevania Anniversary Collection (I've never played any of the really old Castlvanias.)
Mortal Kombat XL (Haven't played a MK game since 3 on PS1. I hope it's evolved. And it was sub $5)
BioShock: The Collection (Played them all, but found a great deal with all DLC which I never played.)
Deadfall Adventures (Never heard of this Indy-inspired FPS, but it looks up my alley)
F.E.A.R. (Have all 3 on PS3, but never played one, and it was only a buck.)
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (played on PS2 and really enjoyed it. Nice to have on Steam.)
I own all of those, I haven’t even heard of most of the other games that you got. :lol: Anna’s Quest is a cute P&C adventure, but as with a lot of them I got frustrated constantly having to go online to figure out the puzzles. I haven’t played Mortal Kombat XL yet, but I played the Mortal Kombat before it and it was a big improvement over the previous games IMO. The story is like an MK movie, it’s really good. Deadfall Adventures is fun, it’s almost like a first person Uncharted with shooting, platforming and puzzles. I enjoyed it, and feel that it should be better known than it is.