The Haul Thread 2022

Phaseknox

Re: The Haul Thread 2022

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:45 amYeah, one of the best benefits of PC gaming is all the cheap deals. Not just Steam. Fanatical, Humble, etc. I usually pay pennies on the dollar for games, so I'm willing to take chances on games I might otherwise ignore, and I've found some gems because of that.
I didn’t realize that you could buy PC games from places other than Steam, and the Epic Games Store. A lot of games that I buy from the PS Store are on sale for fairly cheap which is why I take a chance on them, because if I end up not liking them then I’m not out too much money.
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:45 amI played some of TWII back on the PS3 and it didn't really do it for me, but I didin't give it a fair chance. I just kept on comparing it to Oblivion and ended up playing that again instead.
I really liked Two Worlds II, but I’m a sucker for Eurojank RPGs. :P
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:45 amI picked up Virginia because I've heard it compared to Twin Peaks. I know it's less interactive than most games, but I adore Twin Peaks, so I finally picked it up.
Perhaps you’ll like it. I didn’t like how it sporadically jumped from one scenario to the next, I found it to be jarring and off-putting.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:06 pm I didn’t realize that you could buy PC games from places other than Steam, and the Epic Games Store. A lot of games that I buy from the PS Store are on sale for fairly cheap which is why I take a chance on them, because if I end up not liking them then I’m not out too much money.
Yeah, there are tons of key sellers. Some are a bit shady, but I never use those.
Phaseknox wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:06 pm I really liked Two Worlds II, but I’m a sucker for Eurojank RPGs. :P
You need to play Elex then.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 pmYou need to play Elex then.
I will when I’m in the mood to play a big open world action RPG, I’m going to get Elex II as well when it’s cheaper.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Gamestop (as well as Amazon & Target, but GS has the best selection) is running a B2G1 on select titles, so I grabbed these:
81U8u+WerjL._SL1500_.jpg
91L40-im4BL._SY445_.jpg
61zxRFI0hRL._SL1080_.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Good pickups. Serious question, when are you, me, crim and izzy going to find the time to play all of the games that we’ve been buying?

isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:48 am Good pickups. Serious question, when are you, me, crim and izzy going to find the time to play all of the games that we’ve been buying?

Lol, I gave up that dream long, long ago. It's nice to always have something interesting to pull out and play though. I spend a fair bit of time just perusing my backlog spreadsheet, thinking about what I might want to play next. And before I dumped so much stuff in storage, I used to occasionally sit down and thumb through that physical backlog, feeling like this:

:P

When I was younger I collected baseball cards and when I grew up it just shifted to games.

argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:48 am Good pickups. Serious question, when are you, me, crim and izzy going to find the time to play all of the games that we’ve been buying?

Never, that's why I've slowed down on pickups & started selling some stuff off - mainly really old ps1/ps2 era stuff that it's a joke to think I'll ever realistically go back to at this point. Those are also the ones that are worth mint these days. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:19 pm Never, that's why I've slowed down on pickups & started selling some stuff off - mainly really old ps1/ps2 era stuff that it's a joke to think I'll ever realistically go back to at this point. Those are also the ones that are worth mint these days. ;)
I wonder what I could sell my sealed PS2 collection for these days. It's been a while since I checked. I still have several hundred unopened for the console, some of which I know are quite rare valuable last time I checked.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:09 pmI wonder what I could sell my sealed PS2 collection for these days. It's been a while since I checked. I still have several hundred unopened for the console, some of which I know are quite rare valuable last time I checked.
You have several hundred unopened PS2 games? :shock:
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh, I am building the backlog for when I retire in about...20+ish years? I refuse to be one of these 'I'm bored so let me go back to work!' types. I want to lounge, lift (to the best of my ability) and game some place warm when I am done working...now I just need to make sure Sony keeps PSN up forever and every system going forward is backwards compatible with the digital library :P .