The Haul Thread 2022

argyle

Re: The Haul Thread 2022

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:26 am Oh, I am building the backlog for when I retire in about...20+ish years? I refuse to be one of these 'I'm bored so let me go back to work!' types. I want to lounge, lift (to the best of my ability) and game some place warm when I am done working...now I just need to make sure Sony keeps PSN up forever and every system going forward is backwards compatible with the digital library :P .
I propose we all agree to retire to a community down in Florida. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:58 pm You have several hundred unopened PS2 games? :shock:
That and a couple hundred sealed PS3 games as well as a pretty large sealed Gamecube, GBA, DS, Wii and WiiU collection. I still even have a sealed PS2 and Gamecube console. And a handful of PS1 games that are still wrapped. Yeah, I've got a pretty big sealed collection.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:26 amOh, I am building the backlog for when I retire in about...20+ish years? I refuse to be one of these 'I'm bored so let me go back to work!' types.
It simply baffles me when I meet older people who say that they could be retired if they wanted to be, but are still working not because they need money but because they would be bored with too much free time on their hands. I don’t work, and I still somewhat struggle to find as much time as I would like for all of my hobbies and interests. Anyone retired and complaining that they’re bored don’t have enough hobbies and interests... period.
isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:01 am
Phaseknox wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:58 pmYou have several hundred unopened PS2 games? :shock:
That and a couple hundred sealed PS3 games as well as a pretty large sealed Gamecube, GBA, DS, Wii and WiiU collection. I still even have a sealed PS2 and Gamecube console. And a handful of PS1 games that are still wrapped. Yeah, I've got a pretty big sealed collection.
Why do you have so much sealed/unopened stuff? Did you just buy it over the years, and never get to it?
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:51 pm It simply baffles me when I meet older people who say that they could be retired if they wanted to be, but are still working not because they need money but because they would be bored with too much free time on their hands. I don’t work, and I still somewhat struggle to find as much time as I would like for all of my hobbies and interests. Anyone retired and complaining that they’re bored don’t have enough hobbies and interests... period.
As the closest to retirement age here, I can assure you I have no plans to work if I don't have to. :lol: But I know there are people who keep working because they want to feel "useful' ... and others who are just lonely and want to work to be around people ... and still others who absolutely love what they do and don't ever want to stop. Different strokes!
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:51 pm Why do you have so much sealed/unopened stuff? Did you just buy it over the years, and never get to it?
Yeah, I was buying a lot when I had more money than time at my disposal, so whenever I found something I wanted I just picked it up even if I knew I wouldn't be able to get to it right away, and things just gradually grew. (and grew :P)

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:09 pmAs the closest to retirement age here, I can assure you I have no plans to work if I don't have to. :lol: But I know there are people who keep working because they want to feel "useful' ... and others who are just lonely and want to work to be around people ... and still others who absolutely love what they do and don't ever want to stop. Different strokes!
You’re right, everyone is different. A lot of people aren’t content with just staying at home and entertaining themselves with personal hobbies, they need to be out and about around others socializing. I get that, especially for elderly people who aren’t into tech stuff as much. Even someone such as myself who isn’t a big people person and is perfectly fine spending the majority of my time alone just doing my own thing still needs some interaction with others every once in a while.
isthatallyougot

isthatallyougot

I think there might be a couple gems in there. For less than a fiver, I can't complain.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I recall enjoying N+ (however many pluses it had at the time) on PSP or Vita.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I have Silence, but I haven’t played it yet.