Re: The Haul Thread 2022

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital game
Obey Me
argyle

Post by argyle »

capsule_616x353.jpg
This was on my Humble Bundle wishlist because someone here told me it was good, so when I got the email today telling me it was $3.xx, I bit. :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I don’t know why that game isn’t on PS4, there is so much mobile phone shovelware crap available at the PS Store for PS4 yet they don’t have a lot of quality PC indies like this which is baffling.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:04 pm A Plague Tale: Innocence is worth that much alone, and I’ve heard good things about The Ascent.
I think In Sound Mind might be the one I'm most looking forwards to, but pretty much the whole bundle is interesting to me this time.
argyle wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:07 pm capsule_616x353.jpg

This was on my Humble Bundle wishlist because someone here told me it was good, so when I got the email today telling me it was $3.xx, I bit. :D

If you enjoy Fran Bow even half as much as I did, you're in for a real treat. Just an absolute treasure of originality. (I mean, it borrows themes from Lewis Carroll's most notable works, and even references them, but it's an entity of its own.) I'm always amazed that this was crafted by a 2-person team. It's one of those games that grows in appreciation within me over the passage of time. I ought to play it again. Maybe I've forgotten the puzzle solutions. (There are only a couple which I would say could be somewhat challenging, but overall they're nicely crafted.) Such an amazing and consistently otherworldly mood throughout with a narrative that provokes the curiosity and really sucked me in.

I even sent them a personal thank you/appreciation letter because I was so blown away.

Don't listen if you don't want to spoil yourself.
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:40 pm I don’t know why that game isn’t on PS4, there is so much mobile phone shovelware crap available at the PS Store for PS4 yet they don’t have a lot of quality PC indies like this which is baffling.

I'm joking of course, although I do vastly prefer PC personally. I do wish that all games (or at least the vast majority) had availability across all devices, however unrealistic that might be. At least they're ***all*** available on PC. :o ;) :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
Agents of Mayhem
Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:02 pm Image
Have you played the first? I ask because from what I gather, the sequel is regarded as a real downgrade/disappointment by a significant portion of the original's fans. I still plan to give it a shot one day too, but the reception is pretty clear, at least from a good number of hard core PB fans. Let me know what you think of it when you get to it. I'm not sure if I remember you having played any of the dev's previous games?

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:33 amHave you played the first? I ask because from what I gather, the sequel is regarded as a real downgrade/disappointment by a significant portion of the original's fans. I still plan to give it a shot one day too, but the reception is pretty clear, at least from a good number of hard core PB fans. Let me know what you think of it when you get to it. I'm not sure if I remember you having played any of the dev's previous games?
I have the first, but I haven’t played it yet. I remember you really liking it. The second is $20 now, so I decided to get it. I’ve heard mixed things about it, but as you know I’m an outlier so there’s a chance that I will like it more than other people. I really like the Risen games which are also made by Piranha Bytes, so I expect to like the Elex games as well. We’ll see.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
Homefront: The Revolution
The Last Campfire
Lost in Random
Mayhem Brawler
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »