The Haul Thread 2022

isthatallyougot

Re: The Haul Thread 2022

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:24 am I own all of those, I haven’t even heard of most of the other games that you got. :lol: Anna’s Quest is a cute P&C adventure, but as with a lot of them I got frustrated constantly having to go online to figure out the puzzles. I haven’t played Mortal Kombat XL yet, but I played the Mortal Kombat before it and it was a big improvement over the previous games IMO. The story is like an MK movie, it’s really good. Deadfall Adventures is fun, it’s almost like a first person Uncharted with shooting, platforming and puzzles. I enjoyed it, and feel that it should be better known than it is.
I have the Komplete Edition of MK9 on PS3, but never fired it up.

And yeah, when I saw it on sale for next to nothing, I looked closer at Deadfall, and I was like "holy crap, that looks awesome." I couldn't pass it up. I don't know why I never heard of it before.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh wait, I have something to actually post here! Because Amazon shipping from Japan is actively the clear best shipping on the planet, I got my Genesis Mini 2 on Halloween! I haven't been able to hook it up yet but I am planning to buy Sunday or Monday. While my first game SHOULD BE ROCKETKNIGHT ADVENTURES (which isn't on here because **** the ******* **** out of Konami), it will be Crusader of Centy which I never got to play but have always wanted to. It was absurdly expensive and came mad late in the Genny's life so it had a small print run. It's the reason I bought this this. Well, that and hopefully my tech savvy wife can add the Genesis library to it with emulation...because I am not tech savvy at all and would ruin it :lol: .
argyle

Post by argyle »

I guess I was waiting to take some pics, but my resale business eats up all of my pic taking time, so I'm just gonna post & discuss some of the vinyls I've gotten in the mail recently.

The one that I ordered w/ that awesome slipmat I posted earlier was the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne 4 album soundtrack, and it is amazing. I remembered that game having some great music, but I had forgotten just how good it is. And the set is gorgeous too.

Secondly, I preordered the new Roxette album that came out last Friday. Technically they're going by the name PG Roxette, because Per Gessle (the guy half of the group) wanted to differentiate it from Roxette now that Marie has passed. I got it in the mail Tuesday I believe - crim you're right, many overseas companies kick the crap out of US companies on the shipping front. I also order a good bit from Play-Asia (much less the past couple of years, but that's only because I'm buying far fewer games period) and their shipping is amazing - they package stuff up extremely well. Amazon US just throws crap in a envelope - padded if you're lucky - and just lets nature take its course. :|

Lastly, my Scott Pilgrim the game soundtrack *finally* came in from Limited Run. I ordered it back in January...2021. Yeah, they took almost **2 years** to fulfill that order. That is absolutely ridiculous. They kept claiming a "worldwide vinyl shortage", meanwhile everyone else I ordered from was fulfilling their orders in a very timely manner. Heck, that Nocturne soundtrack took about a week to get to me from the day they put it up for sale & I placed the order. That was from Fangamer btw - I wanna plug the good guys. ;) Them & Mondo are awesome - some of Mondo's stuff has a few months lead time but they let you know when you order when it will be shipping and from my experience generally stick to it.

EDIT: Here are some stock photos of what I got:
nocturne soundtrack.jpg
71WjxrBpa1L._SL1500_.jpg
3368161.jpg
3368161.jpg (73.06 KiB) Viewed 13953 times
(I decided to get one of his solo albums I didn't have as well since I was having to pay the import shipping anyway)
616638-scottpilgrimostlimitedrungamesvinyl.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:58 am Oh wait, I have something to actually post here! Because Amazon shipping from Japan is actively the clear best shipping on the planet, I got my Genesis Mini 2 on Halloween! I haven't been able to hook it up yet but I am planning to buy Sunday or Monday. While my first game SHOULD BE ROCKETKNIGHT ADVENTURES (which isn't on here because **** the ******* **** out of Konami), it will be Crusader of Centy which I never got to play but have always wanted to. It was absurdly expensive and came mad late in the Genny's life so it had a small print run. It's the reason I bought this this. Well, that and hopefully my tech savvy wife can add the Genesis library to it with emulation...because I am not tech savvy at all and would ruin it :lol: .
I never bought any of those mini consoles despite how cool they look. Well I did get the Playstation Classic when they were giving it away at Best Buy several years ago. (I think it was $5, if I remember.)

I had a Genesis back in the day, but I never really got deep into the library, despite enjoying what I played. I may go back and give some of those classics a spin sometime.
argyle wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:55 am nocturne soundtrack.jpg
What a game and OST! That looks like a really cool package.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:58 am Oh wait, I have something to actually post here! Because Amazon shipping from Japan is actively the clear best shipping on the planet, I got my Genesis Mini 2 on Halloween! I haven't been able to hook it up yet but I am planning to buy Sunday or Monday. While my first game SHOULD BE ROCKETKNIGHT ADVENTURES (which isn't on here because **** the ******* **** out of Konami), it will be Crusader of Centy which I never got to play but have always wanted to. It was absurdly expensive and came mad late in the Genny's life so it had a small print run. It's the reason I bought this this. Well, that and hopefully my tech savvy wife can add the Genesis library to it with emulation...because I am not tech savvy at all and would ruin it :lol: .
I didn't know such a thing existed. I still have my OG Genesis... but no Rocketknight Adventures. Good luck to the missus in cracking that bad boy.

argyle wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:55 am Lastly, my Scott Pilgrim the game soundtrack *finally* came in from Limited Run. I ordered it back in January...2021. Yeah, they took almost **2 years** to fulfill that order.
Worth the wait! Gorgeous set for a great soundtrack.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
argyle

Post by argyle »

81aqvlzrIjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81RBL+jv9NL._SL1500_.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I did it. I bought Sonic Frontiers. Look, a 3D Sonic game got middling to good reviews. I couldn't help myself.

Now will I be able to play it before the end of the month is an entirely different question :P ...
isthatallyougot

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:24 am I did it. I bought Sonic Frontiers. Look, a 3D Sonic game got middling to good reviews. I couldn't help myself.

Now will I be able to play it before the end of the month is an entirely different question :P ...
Hope you enjoy it crim. I know I'll trigger you with this, but believe it or not, I've never completed a Sanic game. I played some of the original on Genesis and some of Sonic Unleashed on PS3, but not much of either. I've also got a few others in my backlog. One day I'll give one a proper go. And then I'll look like this:

:P