The Haul Thread 2022

canedaddy

Re: The Haul Thread 2022

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:41 am I’ve been wanting that game for a while now, I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale. Cool box art BTW.
Are you sure you want to play that?

"A word of caution should be given regarding the difficulty, since both regular enemies and bosses can prove to be quite hard to beat, especially during the final act."

https://rpgamer.com/review/ender-lilies ... ts-review/
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I already had Darkwood and Call of Juarez, but I gave them away and the whole thing was only a couple buck.

I already had/have Skyrim (on PS3) of course, but I wanted all the DLC which I didn't have in my version and having it on PC opens it up for tons of mods too. I also have Rage 1 on PS3 but never played it. These were good deals, so I bit.

Yeah, I know Crown Trick is on this post twice. Just the way it goes when you pick up bundles sometimes. I also already had the Beast Inside, but I just gifted it.

I really enjoyed the original Painkiller, and this was less than a buck. And Vampire Survivors is almost a meme it's so popular and they were about to raise the base price from $2.99 to $4.99, and I wanted it eventually anyway, so I got it at the discounted rate.

There...I think I'm up to date. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Izzy, where do you get your bundles? Now that I have the Steam Deck I'm back in the market for cheap PC games to throw on it. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:57 pm Izzy, where do you get your bundles? Now that I have the Steam Deck I'm back in the market for cheap PC games to throw on it. :)
That reminds me... maybe I missed it, but did you ever mention how tthat thing feels/plays?

Also, more relevant to the topic, is the library limited? I assumed anything on Steam would be playable for it, but I see a whole lot of stuff missing from this list: https://store.steampowered.com/greatondeck
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm That reminds me... maybe I missed it, but did you ever mention how tthat thing feels/plays?

Also, more relevant to the topic, is the library limited? I assumed anything on Steam would be playable for it, but I see a whole lot of stuff missing from this list: https://store.steampowered.com/greatondeck
Doh, sorry - completely forgot. It may not look it, but it's actually very comfortable to hold. No complaints at all.

As for the library, for pure Steam games a lot of what isn't marked as compatible just hasn't been tested. So it may work fine, it's just that they haven't tried it to approve it. But so far I've been putting more time into emulators than native games for it. I am looking for some things to pickup on it & put it through its paces, but I'm cheap so I'm waiting on some deals. ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:59 pm Doh, sorry - completely forgot. It may not look it, but it's actually very comfortable to hold. No complaints at all.

As for the library, for pure Steam games a lot of what isn't marked as compatible just hasn't been tested. So it may work fine, it's just that they haven't tried it to approve it. But so far I've been putting more time into emulators than native games for it. I am looking for some things to pickup on it & put it through its paces, but I'm cheap so I'm waiting on some deals. ;)
Thanks for the word! Sounds like something I might should get.
isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:57 pm Izzy, where do you get your bundles? Now that I have the Steam Deck I'm back in the market for cheap PC games to throw on it. :)
I buy all my games from either Fanatical, Humble, GOG or Steam directly. There are some other legitimate key sellers too, as well as *many* shady ones that I'd never touch.
canedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm Also, more relevant to the topic, is the library limited? I assumed anything on Steam would be playable for it, but I see a whole lot of stuff missing from this list: https://store.steampowered.com/greatondeck
From what I've read there's limited, although significant, compatibility. But Steam lists games that are "Deck ready" on store pages, and even indicate if it's only marginally playable - I forgot the designation they use. From what I understand, since it's Linux based, the deck is just using Proton for games that aren't directly Linux compatible. That can be hit or miss.

I do a significant chunk of gaming on Linux and have used the Proton layer to varying degrees of success. If it doesn't work out, I just switch over to my Windows rig...begrudgingly. :P (I hate Windows! :P)

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:34 amAre you sure you want to play that?

"A word of caution should be given regarding the difficulty, since both regular enemies and bosses can prove to be quite hard to beat, especially during the final act."

https://rpgamer.com/review/ender-lilies ... ts-review/
I’m still interested in it, but for cheap which is why I’m waiting for a sale on it. I usually fare better with difficult 2D games than with 3D ones, so we’ll see.
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:57 amThere...I think I'm up to date.
Thanks, I always like to see what you and everyone else here buys. You definitely got some good stuff, now the question is when are you going to find the time to play it all? :P
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:13 pm
I buy all my games from either Fanatical, Humble, GOG or Steam directly. There are some other legitimate key sellers too, as well as *many* shady ones that I'd never touch.
Thanks - Fanatical was the one there I wasn't really familiar with, but I apparently had an account with them so I must have been there at some point. Looks like they have a lot of good cheap bundles, so I'll keep an eye on them. And yeah, the shady places that basically sell stolen keys are no bueno.

devito nope.gif
devito nope.gif (2.62 MiB) Viewed 1457 times

isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:56 pm Thanks, I always like to see what you and everyone else here buys. You definitely got some good stuff, now the question is when are you going to find the time to play it all? :P

:P
argyle wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:31 am Thanks - Fanatical was the one there I wasn't really familiar with, but I apparently had an account with them so I must have been there at some point. Looks like they have a lot of good cheap bundles, so I'll keep an eye on them. And yeah, the shady places that basically sell stolen keys are no bueno.
Yeah, Fanatical sometimes has some crazy good deals.

Oh, I also forgot about itch.io. I have a huge library of games through them via a number of charity bundles over the years. I also like them because they have tons of experimental stuff that would never see the light of day in the mainstream. But you don't get steam keys with them - many games aren't even available on steam, although I'm sure you could still play on the deck. But they also have tons of games that are more or less well known too.