The Backlog Check-in Vol. 209: 1/1/22: New Year Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 209: 1/1/22: New Year Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:50 amContinuing on with P5 Strikers. Fun game.
I’m going to buy Persona 5 Strikers when I can get it for $30, or less. I have Persona 5 (not Royal), and Strikers is a direct sequel to it so I look forward to playing it after I play and finish P5.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:00 pm Sorry to hear that, crim. Hope it's the supposedly mild omicron deal and you'll be feeling better soon.
He said that he hates Covid, not that he has it.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:00 pmAt this point you might as well just skip to Like a Dragon. It doesn't carry on the story, as far as I know.
I realize that Like a Dragon is its own game separate from the previous Yakuza games, but I still want to play them before playing it.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:00 pm I did win some money in fantasy football, but not enough for a PS5, unfortunately... unless you guys know where they might be selling them for $500 rather than $700 or more on eBay or in bundles.

Instead, I'll probably just get Psychonauts 2 while it's on sale (I'm not expecting a physical version for PS4 to ever happen) and maybe a couple of other games.
It's certainly possible to get just the console in a drop from Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. There's a bunch of twitter handles you can follow to help you get notified when these will potentially and then do occur - that's how I helped a friend get one over the Summer.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:50 am This week: Continuing on with P5 Strikers. Fun game.
Eventually I'm going to play a Persona game. As much as I loved SMT Nocture (I know the series are different in some significant ways), you'd think I would have done it by now. I've had 3 and 4 in my backlog forever - physically and digitally, lol. Maybe this year...

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:22 amEventually I'm going to play a Persona game. As much as I loved SMT Nocture (I know the series are different in some significant ways), you'd think I would have done it by now. I've had 3 and 4 in my backlog forever - physically and digitally, lol. Maybe this year...
Persona 3 and 4 are a couple of my favorite PS2 JRPGs. I have Persona 5, but I haven’t played it yet. I’m going to get Strikers when it’s cheaper since it’s a direct sequel to Persona 5.