The Backlog Check-in Vol. 214: 2/5/22: Birthday Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 214: 2/5/22: Birthday Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:26 am So izzy got me interested in giving RDR2 another go - I think it's one of those that now that I know what it is and what it's not I'll appreciate it more.
That's cool. I've been tempted to post some screen shots because I've been taking so many, lol. I won't be all alone in the wild west now. :P
argyle wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:26 am Sorry to hear about your back crim. :(
Yeah, that stinks. Back troubles and weight lifting aren't exactly a peaceful marriage. Hope it resolves with the quickness crim.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Happy belated birthday, Phase. FIFTY-TWO! I remember those days. :cry:

And sorry about your back, crim. See, you need to wear a belt when you lift, my friend. (Do they still make those big leather belts like we had in the olden days?)

Played recently: Valkyria Chronicles 4

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 21 (17 PS4, 4 Switch)

Nothing new here... just moving along in VC4. Aside from the occasional cringe cutscenes, loving the game.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Out of curiosity I decided to restart Dying Light 2 without its day one patch just to see what it was like before it, and got a pleasant surprise. It displays at a slightly higher resolution so that the graphics are a little less blurry, and zombies off in the distance don’t move jittery like stop motion animation. While it’s still low res, at least it doesn’t look like Vaseline is smeared on my TV screen anymore. It’s definitely more appealing looking, and more what I expect the PS4 version to look like.

There’s a tiny bit of screen tearing every once in a while that wasn’t present when I played with the patch, but it’s so mild and infrequent that it’s barely even noticeable. It’s definitely not even remotely bad enough to lower the resolution to remove it if that was their reasoning for doing so. I’ll take a little screen tearing here and there every once in a while over Vaseline smeared graphics, and jittery animations.

The frame rate has been a steady 30fps with no drops, so I can only assume that the resolution was lowered because of the slight screen tearing which is stupid if true. I’m enjoying the game much more now that it doesn’t look like a blurry smeary mess with jittery moving zombies off in the distance.
canedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:05 pm Happy belated birthday, Phase.
Thanks. :)
canedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:05 pm FIFTY-TWO! I remember those days. :cry:
What are you now, 57? If I remember correctly, you’re five years older than me.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'm 58 and steamrolling toward the big Six-Oh. :(
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

My stereo receiver died, so I have a week to buy another one before Horizon Forbidden West comes out.