The Backlog Check-in Vol. 215: 2/12/22: Horizon Forbidden West Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 215: 2/12/22: Horizon Forbidden West Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Horizon Forbidden West

Added: Blue Reflection: Second Light, The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes, Edge of Eternity, Little Nightmares II, Xuan Yuan Sword 7

I shouldn’t have bought Dying Light 2 on day one for full price because not only is the PS4 version somewhat rough, but also because I knew that I couldn’t finish it before Horizon Forbidden West came out. However, at the time I didn’t know that the PS4 version was going to be as bad as it is based on how good the PS4 version of Dying Light looks and performs, and I was also planning on waiting to get Horizon Forbidden West when it was cheaper.

Although I find Dying Light 2 more acceptable unpatched since it looks a little better and doesn’t have a game breaking audio bug, it still wasn’t worth $60 IMO. However, I was enjoying it and if Horizon Forbidden West wasn’t coming out Friday then I would have kept playing it until completion. But since I’m getting Horizon Forbidden West on Friday I want to start playing it, so Dying Light 2 will be going into my backlog and won’t be played again until at least after I finish Horizon Forbidden West.

Games releasing this week
Blackberry Honey
Choice of Life: Middle Ages
Demon Hunter: Ascendance
Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires
Heart of the Woods
Holy Purge
Horizon Forbidden West
Infernax
The King of Fighters XV
River City Girls Zero
Rover Mechanic Simulator
Super Toy Cars Offroad
Total War: Warhammer 3
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 215: 2/12/22: Horizon Forbidden West Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dysmantle

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 40 games

Bring on Horizon, I'm ready! I think I'm about to go to the last area of Dysmantle, so I believe I can wrap it up this week - story and most, but not all, side stuff & trophies.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Played: DBZ Kakarot (j, I got a plat, I learned it by watching you :P ), Steamworld Dig 2 :) ,...Lego DC Supervillains :|

Moved onto the extremely grindy DBZ Kakarot DLC after getting a platinum and doing the really substantial amount of post game substories. This game is just DBZ Yakuza. That's why I am so hooked. Also, the DLC had horde battles and the next one isn't even about Goku (Kakarot of the title if you didn't know) but his rival's son from the future for another 8-12 hours. Oh and then there's the collectible card game I haven't even started yet. I ********LOVE THIS GAME :D :D :D :D :D

Phase, Steamworld Dig 2 is cool, I am stuck at an annoying boss at the moment. That was the same issue I had with the first one, combat is fine or falls off a cliff. It's orders of magnitude better here than the first one. I like how it has a flow. Except these aggressively fine boss fights that aren't as mechanically interesting as they think they are. Still, really digging it (pun intended).

**** Lego DC Supervillains. **** that game so hard :| .
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I played Chronos: Before the Ashes, and I liked the little that I played of it. It’s a third person dark fantasy action adventure game inspired by the Souls games, but while it’s challenging it’s not quite as punishing as the Souls games. While I was enjoying it, it’s not something that I want to get invested into right now.

I started playing a little indie 2D pixel art turn-based RPG called Ikenfell, and it’s hitting the spot right now. It’s cute with charm, and I like its battle system. The graphics are a little more pixelated than I would like, but they still have a retro appeal to them. It’s been entertaining me enough to want to stick with it.

Last edited by Phaseknox on Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

The reviews for Horizon Forbidden West are out, and they’re really good. Just a few more days to go.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Valkyria Chronicles 4

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 21 (17 PS4, 4 Switch)

I think I'm about two-thirds of the way through VC4. Some interesting new elements have popped up... very much enjoying this one now.

Glad to see the great reviews for Horizon.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:31 am Played: DBZ Kakarot (j, I got a plat, I learned it by watching you :P )
[face_machine]
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Pokemon Arceus, Pokemon Snap 2, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Dying Light 2

Last week: Finished Journey to the Savage Planet, played some Bejeweled. Oh, played the beginning of DL2, but it's not what I'm in the mood for right now.

This week: Thought about starting Xenoblade 2 over since I never finished that one (after the announcement of part 3 coming in Sept), but I don't know if I wanna get into a big RPG this close to Elden Ring's release. Played a bit of a pretty cool indie off of Gamepass last night called Infernax, it's basically if Castlevania 2 didn't suck. :P The Cyberpunk Series X patch was released today, so I'll probably start that up tonight (ignore what I said earlier about starting a RPG...)

OK, serious talk. Did I or did I not post my top 10 for last year? I could *swear* I did, but after seeing Crim's I looked for the thread and don't see it. I may be losing what's left of my mind...

Also, that Xenoblade 3 trailer is straight FIRE. :shock:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:06 pmPlayed a bit of a pretty cool indie off of Gamepass last night called Infernax, it's basically if Castlevania 2 didn't suck. :P
It looks cool, I’m going to get it when it’s on sale.
argyle wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:06 pmOK, serious talk. Did I or did I not post my top 10 for last year? I could *swear* I did, but after seeing Crim's I looked for the thread and don't see it. I may be losing what's left of my mind...
You did not.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

It's ok argyle. You can just post 2021 and 2022 together at the end of the year. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!