The Backlog Check-in Vol. 220: 3/19/22: Ghostwire: Tokyo/Kirby and the Forgotten Land/Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 220: 3/19/22: Ghostwire: Tokyo/Kirby and the Forgotten Land/Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Editio

Post by canedaddy »

Maybe you didn't see where he said the S-word... "Souls" :shock:
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 220: 3/19/22: Ghostwire: Tokyo/Kirby and the Forgotten Land/Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands Editio

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:26 am Good to know, I’ll buy it when it’s on sale.
There are some really challenging platforming sections, but most of them are optional to acquire health upgrades. I don't even know what platforms it's available for. Hopefully it's on everything since it's so good.
canedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:20 pm Maybe you didn't see where he said the S-word... "Souls" :shock:
:lol:

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:20 pmMaybe you didn't see where he said the S-word... "Souls" :shock:
I saw it, but he said that it’s more like The Legend of Zelda. I skimmed some reviews, and it looks primarily like a 3D action platformer. While it does seem to have some Soulslike elements to it, I don’t expect them to be a deterrent.
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 pmThere are some really challenging platforming sections, but most of them are optional to acquire health upgrades. I don't even know what platforms it's available for. Hopefully it's on everything since it's so good.
I love a good action platformer, and Blue Fire looks fun. It’s on PS4 for $19.99, so I’ll buy it when it’s on sale for cheaper.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 pm
canedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:20 pmMaybe you didn't see where he said the S-word... "Souls" :shock:
I saw it, but he said that it’s more like The Legend of Zelda. I skimmed some reviews, and it looks primarily like a 3D action platformer. While it does seem to have some Soulslike elements to it, I don’t expect them to be a deterrent.
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 pmThere are some really challenging platforming sections, but most of them are optional to acquire health upgrades. I don't even know what platforms it's available for. Hopefully it's on everything since it's so good.
I love a good action platformer, and Blue Fire looks fun. It’s on PS4 for $19.99, so I’ll buy it when it’s on sale for cheaper.
Yeah, the Souls elements aren't as prominent as the Zelda and platforming. But the controls are really tight and the presentation is well-done. There's no map, and there are some twists and turns to the environments. I don't know if that's an issue for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

argyle

Post by argyle »

I LOVE Elden Ring.

I HATE Elden Ring.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:57 pmI LOVE Elden Ring.

I HATE Elden Ring.
isthatallyougot

argyle wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:57 pm I LOVE Elden Ring.

I HATE Elden Ring.
Now phase, you feel this way about everything...Oh wait! :P

Intense emotion on both sides of the spectrum...THAT'S true love!