The Backlog Check-in Vol. 221: 3/26/22: Weird West Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 221: 3/26/22: Weird West Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks for the heads up!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:54 pmThanks for the heads up!
Why does this seem like thanks, but no thanks? :lol:

A game that went on sale today at the PS Store for $8.99/$5.99 (PS Plus) that I think that you and everyone else here might like is Battle Chasers: Nightwar.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 pm A game that went on sale today at the PS Store for $8.99/$5.99 (PS Plus) that I think that you and everyone else here might like is Battle Chasers: Nightwar.
It's already in my backlog, but yeah, it does look really good imho.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 pm Why does this seem like thanks, but no thanks? :lol:
Actually I bought both Chaosbane and Battle Chasers. ;)
argyle

Post by argyle »

I think I have Battle Chasers for the Switch...seems like it came out shortly after the system launched?

Games added: Kirby

Last week: Finished nada, played ER.

This week: More ER.

145+ hours into ER now. I'm getting a vague impression of the end approaching now. ;) That said, still areas of the map untouched & other sections of the map I have been to with large sections unexplored. Massive game is massive.

I did fire up Kirby & play a couple of levels, and it's fun - will be a nice pallet cleanse after I finally finish w/ ER. Eventually.... :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:21 pm 145+ hours into ER now. I'm getting a vague impression of the end approaching now. ;) That said, still areas of the map untouched & other sections of the map I have been to with large sections unexplored. Massive game is massive.
Wow :lol: I think I'm 30 something hours in. Guess I'll still be playing this in the fall. Not that I'm complaining.
argyle

Post by argyle »

I think Tam has over 200 in it so far. :lol:
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:18 am
Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 pmWhy does this seem like thanks, but no thanks? :lol:
Actually I bought both Chaosbane and Battle Chasers. ;)
argyle wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:21 pmI did fire up Kirby & play a couple of levels, and it's fun - will be a nice pallet cleanse after I finally finish w/ ER. Eventually.... :P
Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks really fun and the type of game that’s more my speed these days, the following video explains why something like Elden Ring for me (as crim would say) is too much:

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Yep, still can't with Elden Ring. They tried to sucker me in with Ming Na Wen ads but still nah. If it was Michelle Yeoh, I probably might of cracked. Maybe. Then realized it was Elden Ring and still noped out :P .

I own Nightwar! I keep meaning to play it...the comic was cool. When it like, you know, came out. Joe Mad was a great artist but slow as hell. Man liked his video games (makes sense he has his own studio now I guess). Red Monika was...a lot. I wonder if the game continues the comic story now, I haven't read it since college. I remember Battle Chasers just stopping...

Just stopped in to say I caved and bought Lost Judgment Ultimate Edition because that Kaito DLC looks flipping BALLER! He was my favorite character in the first game, homeboy was hilarious. Going to stop my slow Yakuza 4 progress and get into this one during spring break this year , 2 weeks away :D !
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:13 pmJust stopped in to say I caved and bought Lost Judgment Ultimate Edition because that Kaito DLC looks flipping BALLER! He was my favorite character in the first game, homeboy was hilarious. Going to stop my slow Yakuza 4 progress and get into this one during spring break this year , 2 weeks away :D !
I still have Yakuza 1-7, Judgment and Lost Judgment to play. I plan on marathoning them when the mood strikes me.