The Backlog Check-in Vol. 222: 4/2/22: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga/MLB The Show 22 Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 222: 4/2/22: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga/MLB The Show 22 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Wow, that Showa American Story trailer looks *awesome*.

It feels like Resident Evil, Dead Rising and Katamari Damacy were all thrown into a blender and filtered through the lens of Grasshopper and Swery. Nocturne 9 2 at the end sealed it. :heart:

I checked Steam and it was already on my wishlist, lol. I don't even remember seeing the trailer before.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 222: 4/2/22: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga/MLB The Show 22 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:44 pmWow, that Showa American Story trailer looks *awesome*.

It feels like Resident Evil, Dead Rising and Katamari Damacy were all thrown into a blender and filtered through the lens of Grasshopper and Swery. Nocturne 9 2 at the end sealed it. :heart:
I’m getting a bit of a Bullet Witch and Lollipop Chainsaw vibe from it as well, it just looks absolutely batshit crazy in the best of ways. We don’t get enough of these types of games anymore IMO.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:44 pm I’m getting a bit of a Bullet Witch and Lollipop Chainsaw vibe from it as well, it just looks absolutely batshit crazy in the best of ways. We don’t get enough of these types of games anymore IMO.
Yeah. I've always loved games that are over-the-top absurd as long as the gameplay is engaging. When games take their gameplay seriously (and do it well) and treat the presentation like it's been birthed from some other dimension, I get all twitchy/tingly inside. :P

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

That's one question with this one. The gameplay could be super janky. A big action game seems like a pretty big leap for an indie studio that's just made a couple of adventure/puzzle/horror games that didn't set the world on fire.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:42 pm I expect this to be my game of the year, and I’m not joking:

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why you would say that.... :?:
FImjzdoWYAIBmBg.jpg
:P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Yeah cane, let's hope they have some skill where it matters most. I guess time, as always, will tell the story. But the vibe is making me hope they get it right. It looks so ridiculously fun.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:20 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:42 pm I expect this to be my game of the year, and I’m not joking:
I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why you would say that.... :?:

FImjzdoWYAIBmBg.jpg

:P
Yeah, I like big swords. ;)
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Warhammer: Chaosbane. It was mildly entertaining, just enough to finish it. I really liked the beginning of it, but at about the halfway point it becomes a somewhat repetitive slog. The levels start being recycled too much with only slight variations to their layouts, and you fight the same few enemy types throughout.

The entire experience was rather humdrum as not much really happens in it. You basically just make your way through somewhat linear pathway like levels fighting hordes of enemies, and collecting loot. I could maybe see how it might be a little more fun playing it co-op, but as a single player experience it lacks depth and variety.

I decided to play Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr since I was still in an isometric view action RPG mood. However, despite being able to play it single player you still need PS Plus to play it. WTF?! Just because it can be played co-op shouldn’t require you to have PS Plus to play it single player. I don’t know of any other game that can be played both single player and co-op that requires PS Plus to play it single player, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Sometimes I really hate modern gaming.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:21 am I didn't know (or forgot) that you were into GT. Makes sense given that you are the Machine.
I am but also not, lol. I haven't played one since GT4 though I do enjoy a good racing game. We'll see how far I get.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:04 am
I decided to play Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr since I was still in an isometric view action RPG mood. However, despite being able to play it single player you still need PS Plus to play it. WTF?! Just because it can be played co-op shouldn’t require you to have PS Plus to play it single player. I don’t know of any other game that can be played both single player and co-op that requires PS Plus to play it single player, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Sometimes I really hate modern gaming.
That game asks for an email before you can even start it. I tried it on PS Now, pretty sure it's an always online thing. However, you Phase are abso*******lutely correct that it should NOT require PS+ at all. That's asinine, it's a single player game that can be played co op, no reason for the PS+ nonsense.