The Backlog Check-in Vol. 225: 4/23/22: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 225: 4/23/22: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:19 amI've got Strange Brigade in my backlog too phase. I remember when I picked it up it seemed pretty different in terms of presentation. Hope it's good.
I’m really digging it, I stayed up late last night playing it. It looks and plays really good, the shooting combat is solid and some of the puzzles are clever. However, the difficulty has been ramping up as the amount of enemies that they start throwing at you becomes a little overwhelming since it’s a co-op game designed to be played with others. Playing co-op games solo usually makes them more challenging, but I haven’t rage quit yet.
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 225: 4/23/22: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:06 pmI haven’t rage quit yet.
I just rage quit. :P I reached a boss that you have to shoot tiny little glowing spots on its body to make it collapse for a short period of time to drain its energy with your amulet. You have to do this three times to defeat it. There’s a specific spot on its forehead, chest and back each of which you have to shoot to make it collapse. While you’re trying to pinpoint accurately shoot these spots on it with it moving and attacking you, there’s an onslaught of enemies continuously spawning and attacking you as well.

I’ve tried beating this boss several times, and I’ve only been able to shoot the glowing spot on its chest. I don’t know how to shoot the one on its back since it’s almost always facing me. This boss fight was clearly designed with multiple players in mind, and I don’t think that I can do it alone.

This is a problem that I find with a lot of co-op games. While they can technically be played solo, they’re not really designed to be played solo. So when you play them solo there’s often challenges and obstacles in them that were designed to be dealt with by more than one player, and when you try and deal with them alone they’re close to undoable.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sup? Life. Ugh. :P

Played: Soul Calibur 6, Tekken 7...and I looked at Sakura Wars. Hard...I heard it is fairly short and I do LOVE the intro song. I know, the worst reason to play a game but still...it IS catchy...

Beat: Soul Calibur 6 story mode, going through the individual stories still. Finding this fighting game kick oddly cathartic. Feels good to get through somethings really quickly compared to the long ass epics I have been playing since even before pandemic times.

Bought: Nothing. Speaking of long ass epics thought...all them Trails games on sale for $100 might finally get me to go for it since they ain't getting any cheaper ever at this point...

So life is just a bit much lately. This fighting game kick is coming at the right time considering how little time I have to game lately. Chipping away at the platinum in Tekken 7 is fun. I might try to ask one of y'all who owns it if you could be so kind as to help me out with the online trophies if I am THAT bad when I finally try a few matches against people :P .
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:47 am
jfissel wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:06 am Continuing to play GT nearly every day, just trying to complete the menus (aka tasks), buy cars, win other races, do challenges, etc. Fun times.
I know you're a machine and all, but you're not finding it overly complex? I've never played one of those games but I got the impression it was all about tweaking minutiae in menus more than driving.
There are options to tweak almost anything if you buy the correct parts (fully adjustable suspension, for example), but I just win or buy cars, upgrade parts for better performance (or not depending on race requirements), and go race. I don't think you can win some races without at least upgrading to performance parts except in the beginning.