The Backlog Check-in Vol. 228: 5/14/22: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 228: 5/14/22: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:58 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:03 amWhich one of us will be last man standing, posting to only ourselves? :P
Probably me, I already talk to myself so posting to myself won’t be much different. :P
canedaddy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:14 amUnless it's just a matter of people getting bored and moving on, I'm very likely to be the first one permanently gone. :D

You might be older than me, but your health is probably better than mine. As you know I have DKA, and I can feel its effects daily. I’m constantly fatigued, weak and have neuropathy in my hands and feet. Everything in my life is affected by it, including playing video games. I unfortunately don’t think that I’m going to reach a ripe old age. :(
Are you type 2 phase? (I know DKA is more common in type 1.) I ask because I know people who've reversed their diabetes with a *very* low carb diet. Not many people want to do it - to be so strict & consistent, but there's a path to healing that condition without meds if you've got the fire to do it.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 228: 5/14/22: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:54 pmAre you type 2 phase? (I know DKA is more common in type 1.) I ask because I know people who've reversed their diabetes with a *very* low carb diet. Not many people want to do it - to be so strict & consistent, but there's a path to healing that condition without meds if you've got the fire to do it.
Yeah, I’m type 2. I’ve cut out sugar from my diet almost completely, and I limit my carb intake. I also stopped insulin injections, and meds. I was not doing well on that stuff, I’ve been doing better without it. Diet is the most important thing when it comes to type 2 diabetes. I admit that I could still do a little better in terms of what I eat, but I’ve cut out sugar and carbs significantly.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:58 pm You might be older than me, but your health is probably better than mine. As you know I have DKA, and I can feel its effects daily. I’m constantly fatigued, weak and have neuropathy in my hands and feet. Everything in my life is affected by it, including playing video games. I unfortunately don’t think that I’m going to reach a ripe old age. :(
That sucks. I'm healthy in that I don't have any major ailments at the moment, but we don't live long in my family. My dad was two years older than I am now when he had a stroke that left him paralyzed. I'm already using house money. :P
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:48 amI'm healthy in that I don't have any major ailments at the moment, but we don't live long in my family. My dad was two years older than I am now when he had a stroke that left him paralyzed.
Perhaps you’ll be an exception. Sorry about your dad, I worry about my mom having a stroke because her mom had one around my mom’s age.