The Backlog Check-in Vol. 230: 5/28/22: Diablo Immortal Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 230: 5/28/22: Diablo Immortal Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, Bloodshore, Darksiders III, Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Finished: Bloodshore

Playing: Darksiders III

Added: Citizens of Earth, Citizens of Space, God’s Trigger, I am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, Onimusha: Warlords, Oninaki, Re:Turn - One Way Trip, Rise Eterna, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

I stopped playing Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate despite enjoying it again because it was feeling familiar, and it’s a really big game packed with content. I have too many unplayed games to play through really big ones again that I’ve already played and finished.

I “played” and finished Bloodshore twice, or more realistically I finished watching it twice. It’s not really a game, it’s a live action movie where every once in a while you get to select a decision for the main character to make that determines what happens in the story next. It makes the story feel a little more interactive, but the choices that you get to make throughout it are extremely limited. I was expecting to be able to make more choices, but there aren’t that many instances when you get to which is disappointing. The movie itself is a cheesy but mildly entertaining dark action comedy that’s basically the equivalent of a movie made for the Syfy channel.

I started playing Darksiders III, and I’m really liking it. Unlike the first two games which are somewhat Zelda style action adventure games, it’s a little more like Dark Souls but with fast paced hack and slash combat and less punishing. You play as Fury who’s a badass with a blade whip. The graphics are good and somewhat similar to the first game, and the gameplay is solid. The combat is fun, and there’s a good amount of platforming.

Games releasing this week
Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery
Captain of Industry
Card Shark
Diablo Immortal
Final Vendetta
Fishing Paradiso
Gravitar: Recharged
Gigapocalypse
Janitor Bleeds
Leap
Silt
SnowRunner
Souldiers
Squishies
Super Perils of Baking
Surface Rush
Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy
Wonder Boy Collection
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 230: 5/28/22: Diablo Immortal Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Gran Turismo 7 (a few things left for me to try), Bugsnax DLC

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Played a little GT7 as I'm working on finishing up the gettable trophies. Did not start Bugnax DLC yet...maybe this week.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Dang, must be a slow week if a mobile game gets the threat title. :lol:

Played recently: Elden Ring

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 21 (20 PS4, 1 Vita)

I've hit another wall in Elden Ring. Getting creamed by many of the bosses standing in my way. I haven't summoned help so far in the game, but I'm starting to get tempted to beat one particular SOB. We will see.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:48 amDang, must be a slow week if a mobile game gets the threat title. :lol:
Diablo Immortal is for PC too, and looks pretty good. But my game of the week is Final Vendetta which is a throwback to classic 2D arcade beat ‘em ups.