The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Fable II, I am Setsuna, Saints Row 2, Venetica

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Venetica

Added: Nothing

I stopped playing Saints Row 2 despite enjoying it again, because it was feeling a little too familiar since I’ve played through it a few times in the past. I started playing Venetica, and it’s hitting the spot right now. It’s a third person action adventure game with RPG elements. I played and finished it twelve years ago, but only once. So while it feels a little familiar, it’s something that I want to experience again since it’s been so long since I’ve played it.

Games releasing this week
Cloud Gardens
Fire and Maneuver
The Hand of Merlin
Horgihugh and Friends
Kids on Site Hard Hat Edition
Nemesis: Distress
Oxide Room 104
Redout 2
Skeleton Crew
Starship Troopers: Terran Command
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
Zorro: The Chronicles
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

I've thought of firing up Venetica a few times over the years phase. I always thought it looked interesting. GOG just gave it away last week too. I already had it on Steam, but added it anyway. Nice to have anything DRM free.

I'm still playing Unreal World and considering what to play next.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:00 amI've thought of firing up Venetica a few times over the years phase. I always thought it looked interesting. GOG just gave it away last week too. I already had it on Steam, but added it anyway.
I’ve played it for 10 hours now, I’ve been enjoying it. It’s an older style third person action RPG with no handholding which I think that you will appreciate. It’s a somewhat low budget game that was developed in Germany, so it has some Eurojank. The graphics are a little rough, but the core game is fairly solid with decent combat and dungeons.
isthatallyougot wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:00 amI'm still playing Unreal World and considering what to play next.
Venetica. ;)
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Bugsnax DLC

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 39 games

Bugsnax DLC is in the books. Not sure what I'll play on PS5 next as I don't think I have any ready-to-go games for it. Guess it's back to FF7 which I abandoned for months ><.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:10 pm Venetica. ;)
Well, I think my next three months of gaming just got decided. Game Pass finally got me. :P They had an offer for 3 months for $1, and so I looked at what they have for the PC version of the service, and there are more games there that I don't own already and want to play than I could fit into that period. I know the service has more on console - I think that's still true, right? But there was more than enough to warrant my dollar, lol. I've heard people having issues with the Xbox app on PC, and that had prevented me from considering it previously, and I did have some problems as well. My game pad wasn't working right with the app, despite it being Microsoft's own 360 pad. I did some digging and apparently they've "planned obsolescence'd" the older controller via one of their "friendly" updates. Just looking out for the consumer you know, ha. But I got my PC-fu on and sorted out their shenanigans, and it works like a hot knife through butter now.

I already played Firewatch and A Memoir Blue, and I just started up Psychonauts 2 last night. I'd also maybe like to play Dragon Quest XI and maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon if I can fit them in, and maybe a few other small ones. I'll have no problem squeezing 100 pennies of value out of it. :P Heck, I may even re-sub when Starfield drops, although I'd probably rather own it via Steam than feel forced to hurry through it or re-sub.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Elden Ring

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: Psychonauts 2, Tails of Iron

Current backlog: 23 (22 PS4, 1 Vita)

They finally put Psychonauts 2 on sale again in the PS indies sale so I grabbed that in a hurry. Also picked up Tails of Iron, which seems like Salt and Sanctuary with rats. Anything else in that sale you guys would highly recommend for me? I'm looking at Death's Door and Nobody Saves the World, but those discounts aren't quite enough to get me to pounce.

jfissel wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:36 am Bugsnax DLC is in the books. Not sure what I'll play on PS5 next as I don't think I have any ready-to-go games for it. Guess it's back to FF7 which I abandoned for months ><.
You could just wait 10 years until the whole remake is done. :lol:

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:53 am Well, I think my next three months of gaming just got decided. Game Pass finally got me. :P They had an offer for 3 months for $1, and so I looked at what they have for the PC version of the service, and there are more games there that I don't own already and want to play than I could fit into that period. I know the service has more on console - I think that's still true, right? But there was more than enough to warrant my dollar, lol. I've heard people having issues with the Xbox app on PC, and that had prevented me from considering it previously, and I did have some problems as well. My game pad wasn't working right with the app, despite it being Microsoft's own 360 pad. I did some digging and apparently they've "planned obsolescence'd" the older controller via one of their "friendly" updates. Just looking out for the consumer you know, ha. But I got my PC-fu on and sorted out their shenanigans, and it works like a hot knife through butter now.

I already played Firewatch and A Memoir Blue, and I just started up Psychonauts 2 last night. I'd also maybe like to play Dragon Quest XI and maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon if I can fit them in, and maybe a few other small ones. I'll have no problem squeezing 100 pennies of value out of it. :P Heck, I may even re-sub when Starfield drops, although I'd probably rather own it via Steam than feel forced to hurry through it or re-sub.
Three months for $1? That is pretty nice if you're a PC gamer.

I just bought Psychonauts 2 on sale for $29.99 for PS4 and thought it was a bargain. The price of not having a neckbeard! :(
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 am Three months for $1? That is pretty nice if you're a PC gamer.
Yeah, no doubt. It's an incredible value. I like "owning" my games on Steam or GOG, but I don't mind paying next to nothing to play some games that I'm interested in but haven't bought yet. If I really love them, I can always pick them up super cheap on some sale later if I want to keep them in my digital library.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 am Anything else in that sale you guys would highly recommend for me?
Not 'Lake' unless you like driving around delivering mail, ha. Pretty cool setting, but pretty boring.

I would recommend Little Misfortune, but it's really short (about 3 hours). But it has plenty of personality with minimal interactivity.

I had a really good time with Cook, Serve, Delicious (the first one), but that was keyboard focused and I saw 2 & 3 are on sale, although it must have been adapted for controller if it's on the PS indies sale.

I played Last Day of June earlier this year and while I wouldn't call it a must play, it had an emotional wordless story with "butterfly effect" concepts and gameplay that was worth a single play.

Punch Club was really fun, but pretty challenging. If you like the Rocky motif and don't mind a management sort of implementation of that concept that also has some weird - and fun - narrative beats, it's definitely worth playing imho. It's only $2. It's one of the more enjoyable games I've played so far this year.

I enjoyed Walden (based on Thoreau's experiences), but it won't strike those traditional "game" notes you might be expecting.

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 am I just bought Psychonauts 2 on sale for $29.99 for PS4 and thought it was a bargain. The price of not having a neckbeard! :(
I'm really enjoying it so far. Has that typical Double Fine quirk/humor and charm, and it looks great and controls well.

Btw, what's up with all the new user notifications, lol.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks for the word on those games. I'll take a look later.

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:53 am Btw, what's up with all the new user notifications, lol.
They've found us! :shock:
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:06 am They've found us! :shock:

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I did it. I survived the return. They are doing final state testing starting today. And I honestly feel like this right now...

Sup? Forgive the lack of posting, the end of the school year was just SOOOOOOOOOO much, fam. Also, in general, life has been like this with my gaming time recently. The Joker is life, the pencil is my gaming time and the poor sap who walks up to the Joker is me:

Soooo...yeah. But I have been buying all sorts of things :) !...probably too much :P . If I can't play 'em, I can buy 'em:

Played: Freedom Planet (my current game of the year 2 levels in. They made this game just for me, I will hear no words that state otherwise :P ...they just need to stop talking so much...), Cat Quest (it's like...fine. I guess. It always feels you've done something so it's shallowly satisfying to play), The Jungle Book (I didn't know the Genesis and SNES games were different)...I think that's it. Oh and Lost Judgment. But I kinda don't like it. It starts with trailing, stealth, search AND chase missions. Everything I hated doing in Judgment. Ugh...so it's been a slow start. They immediately ship you off to Yokohama (you know, because Like. A Dragon was in Yokohama and in true Yakuza fashion they WILL use the hell out of those assets over and over and over again :P ). Looking forward to the school bits and saving the Kaito DLC for the end :) .

Beat: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh that's cute...beating games, who does that anymore :P ...oh wait, I Platinum'd Cat Quest 1. It's dumb and easy and breezy and filled with bad cat puns. It also can be played in tiny chunks and still feel like you accomplished something. Which is why it got played over the course of a month and required very little time or effort to beat or platinum so I did. I think it couldn't have been more than 8 hours over the course of a month.

Bought: A lot...Wasteland 2, Wasteland 3, Freedom Planet, Disney Aladdin/Lion King/Jungle Book thing, Super Neptunia RPG, Metal Max Xeno, The Wonderful 101, Cat Quest 1 and 2, Dead or School, The Ninja Saviors (because Phase :P ), that PS+ Premium tier, Guardians of the Galaxy...and...and...this Pee Wee Herman gif seems appropriate:

AVENGERS OK, I BOUGHT AVENGERS...it has Spider-Man now, what was I NOT supposed to buy it :?: :?: :?: :P

Oh and I bought lever arms for my power rack. They are AWESOME...I just had to spend hours sanding down the metal pegs so they'd fit but I did it...it was not a smart use of my limited free time but it worked :) .

Oh and Playstation bumped me up to the Premium tier of plus. It's bittersweet...I can FINALLY play Miles Morales. But every single Sonic game is gone. Including Generations. That and Super Puzzle Fighter were the entire reason I was subscribed to PS Now anyway...well, I guess I can play this Ghost of Assassin's Creed by way of Kurosawa films that everybody was on about like two years ago too. I still have to sit down and dig around what's in there. They definitely need to do something with the classics catalogue, I can tell you that right now. It's pretty dang bare. It's a bunch of either what they had already or games that have been remastered. I want them to have a bunch of especially nutty PSP stuff because why not. They should have found a way to get the vast majority of what's they offered on the PS3/PSP/PS Vita storefronts in classic on this new service. That's what I expected and still kind of expect at some point. But not at a Nintendo drip feed please. They can step it up, they have enormous Sony libraries they should be exploiting.

Hope all's been well fam, the end of June is fast approaching thank God :D :D :D !!!