The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 amAnything else in that sale you guys would highly recommend for me?
American Fugitive ($3.99), and Darksiders III ($8.99).

And crim is BACK!!!!
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 232: 6/11/22: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:50 pm I did it. I survived the return. They are doing final state testing starting today. And I honestly feel like this right now...

I don't know how anyone has the patience to be a teacher, especially of adolescents or children. Heck, even adults would push me over the edge. There are no dumb questions, just dumb people. :P (I don't really feel that way.) I admire all you guys who have the constitution for it. Your rewards in the great beyond will be immense. :P Hope you can enjoy some r&r as things settle down.

So, Lake, the boredom simulator is a game I don't recommend. I'm not sure if that's the official subtitle.

Still enjoying Psychonauts 2. Not sure how long it is, but it's a pleasure.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:00 am I don't know how anyone has the patience to be a teacher, especially of adolescents or children. Heck, even adults would push me over the edge.
I'm with you.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have a buddy who was inspired by Season 4 of "The Wire" to leave his profession and teach inner-city kids. Very big-hearted and altruistic dude. Took classes at night to get certified and finally got a job in a rough school that really needed great teachers and male role models.

He barely made it through one year. He expected it to be bad, but it was so much worse... teachers attacked by students, teachers attacking each other, all kinds of insanity.

He delivers mail now.

So anyway, that's a testament to you, Mr. crim!
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:14 am I'm with you.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have a buddy who was inspired by Season 4 of "The Wire" to leave his profession and teach inner-city kids. Very big-hearted and altruistic dude. Took classes at night to get certified and finally got a job in a rough school that really needed great teachers and male role models.

He barely made it through one year. He expected it to be bad, but it was so much worse... teachers attacked by students, teachers attacking each other, all kinds of insanity.

He delivers mail now.

So anyway, that's a testament to you, Mr. crim!
Yep, teachers have my admiration. Granted, we're all made a bit differently and some have the natural constitution for it, but I don't understand how, lol. In addition to the regular annoyances, I'm just not a talker by nature. I'd never be able to fill up class time. Everyday, I'd be like, "Ok, read your text everyone. The test will cover these pages. Now don't bother me." :P

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 am I just bought Psychonauts 2 on sale for $29.99 for PS4 and thought it was a bargain. The price of not having a neckbeard! :(
Don't worry about the price, it's a great game!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:10 pm
canedaddy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 amI just bought Psychonauts 2 on sale for $29.99 for PS4 and thought it was a bargain. The price of not having a neckbeard! :(
Don't worry about the price, it's a great game!
$30 is still a little steep for me, but I definitely plan on getting it when it’s on sale for $20 or less.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'd gladly pay $100 for a physical copy, but they decided not to sell them. :(
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:48 amI'd gladly pay $100 for a physical copy, but they decided not to sell them. :(
Wow, really? I’d definitely be more willing to pay $30 for a physical copy, I just don’t really like to pay more than $20 for digital games. However, I know that Psychonauts 2 is easily worth $30. If I didn’t have so many other games and thought that I might get to it sooner rather than later, then I would buy it now for $30.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

The original Psychonauts is in my top 10 all time.

My dream was a box set with an HD version of the PS2 game along with the sequel and some gewgaws for PS4 (or PS5). But they kickstarted it (actually Figged it) and included physical copies as a reward level... and then Microsoft bought DoubleFine... and now I am stuck with buying a dang digital version of what will surely be one of my all-time favorites. :cry:
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:48 am I'd gladly pay $100 for a physical copy, but they decided not to sell them. :(
Phaseknox wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:18 am Wow, really? I’d definitely be more willing to pay $30 for a physical copy, I just don’t really like to pay more than $20 for digital games. However, I know that Psychonauts 2 is easily worth $30. If I didn’t have so many other games and thought that I might get to it sooner rather than later, then I would buy it now for $30.
I'm estimating that I'll play 10 games on my 3 month game pass sub, and if that turns out to be accurate, I will have paid 10 cents for Psychonauts 2. :P

On the digital/physical thing, I like having physical copies for all-time favorites too, even if I don't actually ever put the disc/cart in the machine again. It's a nice memento from good memories. And some older games have awesome manuals/box art/etc. But generally speaking, I'm so over *stuff*. I like having as little crap as possible.

On the topic of Psychonauts 2, as j mentioned, it's really good. So rich with personality and charm and just so many little fun touches. And the graphics are really tight/sharp. I wasn't expecting it to look so good. And it's really responsive and just fun to play too with interesting characters and narrative. Having a really good time with it. I really enjoyed the first, and this is a worthy follow-up so far.

Edit: Just look at this - beautiful!

I'll refrain from posting anymore pics since I know you're about to play it cane. Just felt like sharing.