The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:16 pm
argyle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:01 amCertainly don't blame anyone for holding off, that's what I would have kept doing if I didn't need the PS4 Pro replacement.
Is your new PS5 as loud as your old one? I remember that being a complaint of yours when you originally got it, but I think that there have been some changes made since the originals so I wasn’t sure if the newer ones were still as loud as the older ones.
Yeah, I was meaning to comment on that actually - it's nowhere NEAR as loud as my original one. Either they fixed something in the manufacturing process, or I had a dud originally.

Also, I may get a set of those replacement side panels at some point to make it another color, but in the meantime I found a neat, easy trick online that allowed me to do this:

PXL_20220630_235445250.jpg

Old-school PS logo for lyfe! :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Yeah, life happened hard and I peaced out for like a month too argyle. It's real out here in these streets, fam :P !

I wish you had mentioned you wanted a PS4 pro, I am on Facebook Marketplace constantly looking for weights and workout gadgets. Between the myriad $650-1000 PS5's, there are a TON of PS4 pro's available up here in NY. I would have grabbed one to ship to you. There was a banger deal the other day which included the pro and a PSVR for $200 but I passed. I have resigned myself to not getting a PS5 until a) they release a new model or b) I can just walk into a store and by one. I honestly don't need one as my PS4 backlog is just embarrassing and this PS Plus Premium is NOT helping :oops: .

I did manage to get through MK11 today, probably going to do Aftermath tonight. ******* LOVE THESE STORY MODES!!!!!! Crank that difficulty down to very easy (because crim doesn't use block buttons, son! Back or down back to block please) and just tear through them. The cutscenes are SO fun, I really don't understand how they just don't make these the basis for the movies. That new one was fine but it was basically watching Sub Zero doing awesome ice stuff for two hours. They could tweak these and make the stories work on film. But what do I know...

Speed round:

-Argyle is correct, Insomniac is too dang good, it's unfair for the other studios...except Japan studio. But they closed them down so Insomniac wins!

-Phase...nobody wants Space Otter Charlie. Because you can't want things that aren't real...yeah, imma stand by that statement :P

-No, I ain't playing Elden Ring. Every time I go to install Bloodborne, I remember it's a Souls game and I will have to go back to get my stuff when I die. I. HATE. THIS. MECHANIC. It has made me stop playing The Mummy Demastered, Nier Automata, Hollow Knight, and because I have heard it was a Soulslike, Darksiders 3...

-...speaking of which, on the easiest setting, should I go back to Darksiders 3? I love the dumb 90's comics, grimdark aesthetic but I was scared off part 3 because of all the Dark Souls comparisons.

-Phase: I have a Ps4 pro sir, not a base. Get it straight :P. Also why no Uncharted 3 in your top list? I get why 1 isn't there but thought I was the only person in the world who stayed sour on that game. Their whole 'we come up with the set piece and design the story around that' idea really showed through in 3, it was so disjointed, it lacked the pacing and flow of the others for me.

-izzy, you got some good taste with the R&C series high on your best of list sir.

-j: so I will get into Maneater sooner than later given your endorsement...and I assume I need to keep chipping away at Lost Judgment since I feel you are telling me there's a skate park in there somewhere :) !

Also, you're welcome:

I am mad ready for this, I stopped after two because the two game nonsense for 3-6. having it all in one place though, can't wait!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pmPhase...nobody wants Space Otter Charlie. Because you can't want things that aren't real...yeah, imma stand by that statement :P

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pmNo, I ain't playing Elden Ring.
I’m not, either. No way, no how. It’s not for me.
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pmon the easiest setting, should I go back to Darksiders 3? I love the dumb 90's comics, grimdark aesthetic but I was scared off part 3 because of all the Dark Souls comparisons.
Yes, play it on its easiest setting which is normal not easy. It’s not very much like Dark Souls, it has some similarities here and there but it’s more of a Metroidvania.
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pmPhase: I have a Ps4 pro sir, not a base. Get it straight :P.
I didn’t know that you had a PS4 Pro, my mistake.
crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pmwhy no Uncharted 3 in your top list? I get why 1 isn't there but thought I was the only person in the world who stayed sour on that game. Their whole 'we come up with the set piece and design the story around that' idea really showed through in 3, it was so disjointed, it lacked the pacing and flow of the others for me.
I don’t really like Uncharted 3 all that much for some of the same reasons that you gave. It’s the second worst game in the series IMO.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:57 pm -Argyle is correct, Insomniac is too dang good, it's unfair for the other studios...except Japan studio. But they closed them down so Insomniac wins!
Yeah, that's a shame, although to be fair, they were reabsorbed by another division.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!