The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Bloody Zombies, Children of Morta, Clan N, Dragon’s Dogma, Foregone, .hack//G.U. Last Recode, Itadaki Smash, Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story, Kitaria Fables, Niffelheim, Punch Club, Timespinner, Within the Blade, YesterMorrow

Finished: Itadaki Smash

Playing: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Added: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Siege of Paris, Black Book, Blaster Master Zero 3, Haven, The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon, The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos, Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps

I’ve been playing .hack//G.U. Rebirth, but due to the extreme repetition of the bland flat maze-like dungeons I’m not sure that I’m going to stick with it. The dungeon crawling is the main gameplay of the game, and it’s unfortunately not very good. I’m somewhat enjoying its anime style story and characters, but this is a game and not an anime so I don’t think that those aspects alone will be enough to keep me interested.

I got the Siege of Paris DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and that along with the free Kassandra quest DLC has made me want to play it again to experience them. I still had my save from when I played the game a year ago, so thankfully I don’t have to start the game over again from the beginning to play these DLCs.

Games releasing this week
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei
Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
Disgaea 6 Complete
DNF Duel
Escape Academy
Fobia: St. Dinfna Hotel
Hillbilly Doomsday
Hourglass
The Legend of Bum-bo
Lumberjack Simulator
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
MX vs. ATV Legends
Outriders: Worldslayer
Rabbids: Party of Legends
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 39 games

Got back into FF7 Remake and beat chapter 4, so that's progress. I also pulled the ol' 3DS out of storage and will probably start to play a few things on that again...maybe a Professor Layton game first?
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 234: 6/25/22: Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished A Fated Encounter in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, it was a nice little side story featuring Kassandra from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. While it was really good free content, I would have preferred that it was longer paid DLC because it was too brief IMO. But I still enjoyed it, and the ending was bittersweet. Now I’m going to play Siege of Paris.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Elden Ring

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 23 (22 PS4, 1 Vita)

I just finished a way-too-short week of vacation... sigh.

I got in a decent amount of time with Elden Ring and beat a few tough bosses, including one that was impeding my progress. It's wild that I still have a lot of stuff ahead, apparently. What a game.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 amI just finished a way-too-short week of vacation... sigh.
I knew that you were MIA here last week, I figured that you were on vacation. But you never know around here, people seem to up and disappear for long periods of time and sometimes never return. :( I think that it’s time for crim to send argyle another card. :P
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I think I saw argyle on PSN last week, so it's likely he is still on this side of the grave, at least. :)
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Argyle's just probably going through a major life event. He's at that age for breakup/divorce. (I hope not. And I don't even know if he's technically "married". I just know he's "coupled".)

Or maybe he's just sick of us. :P Life is change...

Got to roll with the flow and just...let it be.

Edit: Oh, I fired up Ori and the Blind Forest after finishing up Psychonauts 2. What a lovely game! I'm really getting a great value from my 3 months for a $1 Game Pass sub.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:14 am
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:00 am I don't know how anyone has the patience to be a teacher, especially of adolescents or children. Heck, even adults would push me over the edge.
I'm with you.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have a buddy who was inspired by Season 4 of "The Wire" to leave his profession and teach inner-city kids. Very big-hearted and altruistic dude. Took classes at night to get certified and finally got a job in a rough school that really needed great teachers and male role models.

He barely made it through one year. He expected it to be bad, but it was so much worse... teachers attacked by students, teachers attacking each other, all kinds of insanity.

He delivers mail now.

So anyway, that's a testament to you, Mr. crim!
I meant to comment on this and forgot, sorry old man. I feel for your friend, his heart was in the right place. I lucked out, the system could have churned me right out too (if I worked in the Bronx, I probably wouldn't have made it). That school he was in sounds nuts! One of the key things to remember is you don't work for the school, you work for the district/Dept. of Education so you can move out if the school isn't a good fit for you. Won't help your friend now but if he's still licensed he could always go back to a different school. We are in a teacher shortage and anyone who sounds ready, willing and able like your friend would always be welcome!
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:09 am
canedaddy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 amI just finished a way-too-short week of vacation... sigh.
I knew that you were MIA here last week, I figured that you were on vacation. But you never know around here, people seem to up and disappear for long periods of time and sometimes never return. :( I think that it’s time for crim to send argyle another card. :P
:lol: I saw him online last night playing...something. But he was online so he's at least alive still. We can hold off on the alarm bells for a bit ;) . Also, thanks Phase, now I have to play stupid Valhalla because Kassandra's flipping baller! I mean I was going to get to it eventually. Like when they get around to finishing it...if they do :P .

Played: Shredder's Revenge, Freedom Planet (still game of the year after 3 levels :P ), Miles Morales, Bloodstained,...Momodora?, Lost Judgement, My Hero One's Justice

Beat: Shredder's Revenge (Splinter), Miles Morales

Bought: Nothing. I might grab AI The Somnium Files because it's cheap and not on PS Plus.

This week: I don't know yet. I am still on my fighting game kick and still want to get through some of those before settling on whether or not I commit more time to Lost Judgment and make that my July game (they did give me a skateboard but it's been kinda lame so far...there better be a skate park somewhere in here...that's kinda my driving force at the moment :P ). I might just do MK11, MKX was fun. It's that or P4 Arena or DB FighterZ. Still waiting for a good deal on Granblue Vs with all the DLC because that has a cool beat em up RPG Mode I want to try...wait these are all Arc System Works games. Maybe I should just get through MK11 and then churn through all these Arc System Works games...oh dangit, I forgot about Red Earth when I get around to picking up the Capcom Fighting Collection! So many choices :) !
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:45 pm This week: I don't know yet. I am still on my fighting game kick and still want to get through some of those before settling on whether or not I commit more time to Lost Judgment and make that my July game (they did give me a skateboard but it's been kinda lame so far...there better be a skate park somewhere in here...that's kinda my driving force at the moment :P )
;)
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:45 pm I meant to comment on this and forgot, sorry old man. I feel for your friend, his heart was in the right place. I lucked out, the system could have churned me right out too (if I worked in the Bronx, I probably wouldn't have made it). That school he was in sounds nuts! One of the key things to remember is you don't work for the school, you work for the district/Dept. of Education so you can move out if the school isn't a good fit for you. Won't help your friend now but if he's still licensed he could always go back to a different school. We are in a teacher shortage and anyone who sounds ready, willing and able like your friend would always be welcome!
I'll mention that the next time we talk. No offense to anybody who delivers mail, but he's a smart and caring guy and would probably find more satisfaction in shaping young minds (as long as he's not getting punched or abused ;) ).