The Backlog Check-in Vol. 236: 7/9/22: DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 236: 7/9/22: DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

The real question is who’s buying DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace on day one? :P

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 236: 7/9/22: DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:24 am Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is the spiritual successor to Suikoden, not Rising which I’m playing now. It unfortunately isn’t coming out until next year.
Gotcha.

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:10 am The real question is who’s buying DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace on day one? :P
Wow. Looks like one of those really bad PS2 games in the gameplay department.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 39 games

Was on vacation last week, so I didn't play anything.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Where'd you go? Sunshine State?
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:40 am
argyle wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:02 pm I need to play Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising - but it's the bonus "prelude" game that they made from the Kickstarter to the main Eiyuden Chronicle, which is the Suikoden spiritual successor. THAT'S the one I really want to play.
Suikoden spiritual successor, you say? Guess I need to run and check that out right now!
Made by the main guys behind the Suikoden games. Like the rest of Konami's talent, they left a while back. I don't do Kickstarter anymore, with rare exception. This was one of those exceptions - I can't wait! :)

Izzy, I downloaded The Good Life off of GP last night. Saying it feels like a PS2 game is on the nose. The feel of it actually reminds me a bit of Steambot Chronicles (completely different setting, but just something about the feel of the game).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:34 pm Izzy, I downloaded The Good Life off of GP last night. Saying it feels like a PS2 game is on the nose. The feel of it actually reminds me a bit of Steambot Chronicles (completely different setting, but just something about the feel of the game).
I was already sold, but now I'm excited to try it.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:34 pmIzzy, I downloaded The Good Life off of GP last night. Saying it feels like a PS2 game is on the nose. The feel of it actually reminds me a bit of Steambot Chronicles (completely different setting, but just something about the feel of the game).
I want this to go on sale NOW!!!! I’m in the mood to play it, but $40 is too much for a quirky indie game like it. I’ll buy it when it’s on sale for $20, or less.
canedaddy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:52 pmI was already sold, but now I'm excited to try it.
I still recommend that you and everyone else here check out Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising if you’re interested in a classic style 2.5D side scrolling action RPG as it’s pretty good especially for its price.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:34 am Where'd you go? Sunshine State?
That is correct. Plenty of sunshine and heat, except for those daily afternoon thunderstorms.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Sup? I have been embroiled in my summer program, working out kid schedules and my wife went down to Nasa in Maryland because she finagled her way to seeing the James Webb satellite images live (I don't know how, but she does this kind of thing a lot). This just compounded the week and...I CAN'T DECIDE ON ANYTHING TO PLAY :cry: ! It's been a mad frustrating gaming summer this far fam...

Wait, when did I post last...

Played: (deep breath)...Lost Judgment, The Adventure Pals, Wonderful 101, Dead Cells, Bloodstained, My Hero One's Justice, Lego DC Supervillains, Freedom Planet, Capcom Fighting Collection, Cat Quest 2, Tetris Effect, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Man-eater, Cuphead DLC, Indivisible... that's it. At least according to my trophy list.

Bought: Mega Man 11, Capcom Fighting Collection, Cuphead DLC...I think that's it.

Beat: MK11, Lego DC Supervillains

I have just lost all focus for games lately. Nothing is clicking. Indivisible is ok but I feel like that is going to go off the rails any minute. Nah, let's see what happens by the weekend...
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:38 pm Plenty of sunshine and heat, except for those daily afternoon thunderstorms.
Ah yes. You could set your clock by them. Well hope it was a nice trip and you got a grouper sandwich or something. :)

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:20 pm ...my wife went down to Nasa in Maryland because she finagled her way to seeing the James Webb satellite images live (I don't know how, but she does this kind of thing a lot).
Wow, very cool. I'm not a space geek, but there are times I miss my old job with a top space publication, and that is one of them.

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:20 pm Played: (deep breath)...Lost Judgment, The Adventure Pals, Wonderful 101, Dead Cells, Bloodstained, My Hero One's Justice, Lego DC Supervillains, Freedom Planet, Capcom Fighting Collection, Cat Quest 2, Tetris Effect, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Man-eater, Cuphead DLC, Indivisible... that's it. At least according to my trophy list.
That's more than I've played in the past two years. :lol:

Surprised that Adventure Pals didn't click. Such a fun and charming game.