The Backlog Check-in Vol. 246: 9/17/22: The DioField Chronicle/Return to Monkey Island Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 246: 9/17/22: The DioField Chronicle/Return to Monkey Island Edition

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 pm
crimson_tide wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:11 pmwhy the hell was everyone on about Ghosts of Tsushima? It's pretty. That's it. It's pretty. Lots of games are pretty. The whole time I am playing it, I just want to go play Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's just not that interesting of a game beyond being pretty. I played about 4 hours and it just keeps falling flat for me. Thoughts? I am completely willing to accept I am crazy but I just can't get into it.
You’re crazy. :P
I'm gonna have to agree here. There's no world where AC Valhalla is a better game than Tsushima.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 246: 9/17/22: The DioField Chronicle/Return to Monkey Island Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:24 amThere's no world where AC Valhalla is a better game than Tsushima.
I agree. I liked Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, but I found it to be a bit of slog at times. Ghost of Tsushima is a better game in every way IMO.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Double post? Sorry fam :)
Last edited by crimson_tide on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

argyle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:24 am I'm gonna have to agree here. There's no world where AC Valhalla is a better game than Tsushima.
Oh, I know that! I just am comfortable with that treadmill and the ****house rat crazy nonsense that started with Origins I kinda want to see through :P .

Honestly though, I imagine I would burn out on that quick too I bet. I think my time with these huge open world games is now behind me post stay at home pandemic. I got frustrated with Ghosts because it didn't immediately hook me in any real way besides being pretty. I can see it's a quality piece of software but I don't have the sit there and see it through attitude like I did with the AC RPG's. I was just home with no commute so I had an extra 2-3 hours to sink in a day. I bounced off Immortals Fenyx Rising and that should have been my jam. But I started back at work in the city and boom, the drive to sit and engage with it disappeared. I know it's me but maybe I will just put it aside until next summer or something. Not like I don't have a ton to play :) .

Also, no one told me Ys Monstrum Nox is just even more egregiously emo Kingdom Hearts. I think that's my new main game.