The Backlog Check-in Vol. 250: 10/15/22: Gotham Knights/A Plague Tale: Requiem Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 250: 10/15/22: Gotham Knights/A Plague Tale: Requiem Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:43 pm That said, I'm not trying to invalidate what Izzy's saying - a vibe is pretty hard to quantify, and if it doesn't feel right then it doesn't feel right. We'll all just have to wait & see how it turns out.
Of course, we all see what we see, and it's not a black/white, right/wrong issue. Interpretations and resonance are subjective, as always. And I certainly hope they find that tone that *I* value in this remake. Time will tell.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 250: 10/15/22: Gotham Knights/A Plague Tale: Requiem Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Silent Hill. Konami. I remember what they did to Rocket Knight Adventures. I am so sorry for you all as Silent Hill fans. Konami knows **** all of what they are doing anymore aside from rereleases in the gaming space.

Played: Ys 9 (chapter 8, hoping to wrap it up this weekend)

Bought: Nothing

This week:... it's Thursday. Sorry, this feels kinda pointless :P

Busy week. And sick. Not the coco at least but some kind of flu that just won't quit for some reason. Later fam!
argyle

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:57 pm Busy week. And sick. Not the coco at least but some kind of flu that just won't quit for some reason. Later fam!
Hope you get to feeling better soon bud!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah crim, don't die. I heard they're making another TWEWY game. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:06 am Yeah crim, don't die. I heard they're making another TWEWY game. :P
What?!?! Then I MUST hang on like my man Hector Salamanca and keep that finger going :P !

I'm feeling better enough to finally try to lift again (I haven't since Monday, been too fatigued). Thanks for the well wishes, y'all :) .

Also, anyone try Death's Door? HLTB says it's 9 hours to beat and I can go for that after Ys 9. I might have to just let go of 40+ hour epics that aren't Yakuza. As much as I like Ys 9, it feels long. Could just be that Ys 9, again as much as I like it, is just too long :P . But Death's Door seems like a decent little palette cleanser.