Your most anticipated games of 2023

Phaseknox

Your most anticipated games of 2023

Post by Phaseknox »

2023 is going to have a lot of new games, the following are the ones that I’m looking forward to (in alphabetical order):

Atomic heart
Daymare 1994: Sandcastle
Dead Island 2
Diablo IV
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Fear Effect Reinvented
Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge
Hogwarts Legacy
Hollow Knight: Silksong
The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie
Loop8: Summer of Gods
Octopath Traveler II
Resident Evil 4 Remake
RoboCop: Rogue City
Sacrifire
Scars Above
Sea of Stars
Street Fighter 6
Suikoden I&II HD Remaster
Tales of Symphonia Remastered
Trinity Trigger
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
The Wolf Among Us 2

These are all coming to PS4 which (as you know) is the only game console that I currently have still being supported with new games, but there are also current gen only games coming out in 2023 that I’m interested in as well but they will have to wait until I get a PS5.

Which 2023 games are you looking forward to?
Last edited by Phaseknox on Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
canedaddy

Re: Your most anticipated games of 2023

Post by canedaddy »

Well, I don't know if I'll have a system to play all of these, but they're the most appealing to me based on what little I know now (in no particular order):

Sea of Stars
Diablo IV
Like A Dragon: Ishin!
Stellar Blade

Not a terribly exciting year.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:47 amNot a terribly exciting year.
Considering that I currently have like 800 games I don’t need it to be a terribly exciting year. :P However, with games like Atomic heart, Dead Island 2, Diablo IV, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Fear Effect Reinvented, Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn, Granblue Fantasy: Relink, Hogwarts Legacy, Octopath Traveler II, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Sea of Stars, Street Fighter 6 and Suikoden I&II HD Remaster coming out I consider it to be a fairly exciting year myself. And that’s not even counting the PS5 games coming out such as Alan Wake II, Dead Space Remake, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, Final Fantasy XVI, Forspoken, Lies of P, The Lords of the Fallen, Spider-Man 2, Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, Stellar Blade, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and Wolverine.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:36 pm Considering that I currently have like 800 games I don’t need it to be a terribly exciting year.
I don't have anywhere near that many but I still won't need to buy anything, given my backlog. The only day-one candidate I see there is Eiyuden Chronicles... assuming it comes to PS4.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Starfield
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Forspoken
Deliver Us Mars
Hogwarts Legacy
FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
RE4 Remake
Zelda
Anger Foot
Spider-man 2

And I don't know the dates (too lazy to check :P) for Dead Space Remake and Callisto, but I think they're this year.

Also, I've never been into Harry Potter, but I'm intrigued by what I've seen from that one. I know there are others I've added to my wish list, including many indies / smaller games, but those are what I remember at the moment. I doubt I'll play - or even buy - any of them in 2023 though. Too many others I would like to get to.

And I still have only played the first Fatal Frame, but I loved it enough to want the upcoming game. I've got to go back to my backlog and play the rest.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:29 pmThe only day-one candidate I see there is Eiyuden Chronicles... assuming it comes to PS4.
What part of me saying that the games in my original post are all coming to PS4 didn’t you understand? :lol: I wouldn’t have listed them if they weren’t, because I don’t plan on getting a PS5 until Grand Theft Auto VI comes out.
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:30 pmI don't know the dates (too lazy to check :P) for Dead Space Remake and Callisto, but I think they're this year.
The Callisto Protocol is December 2nd this year, and Dead Space Remake is January 27th next year. You’re welcome. :P
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:16 pm The Callisto Protocol is December 2nd this year, and Dead Space Remake is January 27th next year. You’re welcome. :P
Ok thanks. Well add Dead Space to my 2023 list.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

Hrm, going by your list & my memory:

**Diablo IV
Hogwarts Legacy
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Suikoden I&II HD Remaster
Alan Wake II
Dead Space Remake
Final Fantasy XVI
*Spider-Man 2
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
*Wolverine
**Starfield
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Silent Hill Remake
**Redfall
Sea of Stars

* = I didn't realize these were coming out next year. Wouldn't surprise me if one or both gets delayed past 2023.
** = These will be day-1 Gamepass games, so I won't need to buy them to play them (D4 I'm putting in this category assuming the MS Activision purchase goes through)

Of those, I'd say my top 4 are probably Diablo, Zelda, Eiyuden Chronicle, & Silent Hill. Some of the others I just don't know about yet. Some are on the list based purely on who the developer is (Spidy 2, Wolverine, Suicide Squad - lol, the superhero games :P).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:16 pm
canedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:29 pmThe only day-one candidate I see there is Eiyuden Chronicles... assuming it comes to PS4.
What part of me saying that the games in my original post are all coming to PS4 didn’t you understand? :lol: I wouldn’t have listed them if they weren’t, because I don’t plan on getting a PS5 until Grand Theft Auto VI comes out.

Hey, things change. There have been several PS4/PS5 games that went PS5 only.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:07 amHey, things change. There have been several PS4/PS5 games that went PS5 only.
There have? I can only think of Gotham Knights, what other games that were coming to both PS4 and PS5 got canceled for PS4? I guess that it’s always possible, but if any of them do they will most likely be the AAA games and not the indies like Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes. I’m fairly confident that the games on my list will come to PS4, because they’re all well into development. We’ll see.