The Backlog Check-in Vol. 253: 11/5/22: God of War: Ragnarok/Sonic Frontiers Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 253: 11/5/22: God of War: Ragnarok/Sonic Frontiers Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:16 amI platinum'd VIII, but I haven't really played IX yet - I started it shortly after it released but I wasn't really in the mood for it at the time so I didn't get very far. Been thinking about giving it another go soon, ever since Crim was talking it up.
I accidentally wrote Ys XIII instead of VIII which I’ve corrected, I’m glad that you knew what I meant. :P Ys IX looks like it has a bit of a darker tone to it compared to Memories of Celceta and Ys VIII, but it still looks pretty cool and I expect to like it.
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 253: 11/5/22: God of War: Ragnarok/Sonic Frontiers Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Stray, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Ragnarok arrives tomorrow! Controller is fully charged and ready to go.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

This looks really good, and comes out in a month:

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

:shock: I think this fool sold me...I might just have to buy it. Goddammit.

Also, yes y'all should play Ys 9. I don't know if the quality of life conveniences are in the previous games but I made through the game thanks to those. The more quests you complete, the better the quality of life conveniences you get. And the framing device is the issue. Adol shouldn't be a silent protagonist if he's writing this as a series of 100 memoirs. It's dumb especially since the story was just not all that gripping (it's not particularly dark from what I recall, Phase. Again, it was pretty much Hot Topic Anime Tropes Kingdom Hearts from what I saw). Also, the Monstrums and the traversal gifts was the appeal for me and I know that only happens in this game. We'll see though, y'all keep going on about the others :P .

And I hope y'all voted, fam :) !
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

crimson_tide wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:58 pm Death's Door is harder than I thought. I don't know how I feel about that just yet. Lapis is goddamn insane. I kinda love the setup. It's like this weird dungeon crawler with a timer and gambling mechanic? It's like actually playing out the slot machines in DQ11 if that makes any sense to y'all.
Suddenly I'm regretting my purchase. I hate timers.

crimson_tide wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:35 pm Oh, forgot to mention old man: Sonic Frontiers has a fishing minigame. Just saying :twisted: ....I mean ******* Big The Cat is there but still, fishing :P
This is making me question my commitment to fishing minigames.