The Backlog Check-in Vol. 256: 11/26/22: The Callisto Protocol/Need For Speed Unbound Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 256: 11/26/22: The Callisto Protocol/Need For Speed Unbound Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:24 amI had almost convinced myself to do it for Callisto Protocol, to support the Dead Space guys on their new endeavor, but then it was revealed last week that they've locked death animations behind DLC - 25 player animations as part of one pack and 25 creature animations in another. Nope.
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 amI wasn't going to buy it day one anyway, but the unmitigated gall! Modern gaming trends, especially in the AAA space are just nauseating. It astonishes me that this sort of thing is even possible. It speaks to the moronic nature of the average consumer. I'm so glad I have a massive backlog and could not care less about being in the current broader gaming conversation. I'm tempted to *NEVER* buy this game, just on principle. I'll certainly wait until it's sub $10, if I ever pick it up.
canedaddy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:12 amHold up... did you really just say death animations are DLC?

argyle wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:18 amI just rolled my eyes so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.

This kind of garbage combined with companies releasing "AAA" games in broken beta states (Pokemon, Saints Row (supposedly, I haven't played it)) and the constant porting & re-re-remastering games w/ minimal improvements & selling them at full price again - it's definitely enough to make you want to give up on modern gaming.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 256: 11/26/22: The Callisto Protocol/Need For Speed Unbound Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:08 pm
You're going to have to give me a tldr (watch :P). I'm not going to watch an hour and a half video about this subject, lol. The bottom line for me is that greedy company is greedy. And I won't support those practices.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:32 pm
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:08 pm
You're going to have to give me a tldr (watch :P). I'm not going to watch an hour and a half video about this subject, lol. The bottom line for me is that greedy company is greedy. And I won't support those practices.
Yeah, or at the very least give us a timestamp for where the relevant part of the conversation takes place. My podcast days are far behind me. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:27 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:32 pmYou're going to have to give me a tldr (watch :P). I'm not going to watch an hour and a half video about this subject, lol.
Yeah, or at the very least give us a timestamp for where the relevant part of the conversation takes place.
I didn’t watch the whole video, either. :lol: I only watched the beginning which basically covered what you were all saying including argyle’s take on modern AAA games.
argyle

Post by argyle »

what-doi-look-like-a-guy-whos-not-lazy-31810796.png
what-doi-look-like-a-guy-whos-not-lazy-31810796.png (65.64 KiB) Viewed 16935 times
:P

(that's all 3 of us btw ;) )
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Stray, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, God of War: Ragnarok

Added to Backlog: God of War: Ragnarok

Current Backlog: 44 games

Slowly getting through Ragnarok, but it's good stuff so far.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

There’s some good deals at the PS Store right now.