The Backlog Check-in Vol. 258: 12/10/22: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion/River City Girls 2 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 258: 12/10/22: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion/River City Girls 2 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Roki, Valkyrie Elysium

Finished: Valkyrie Elysium

Playing: Roki

Added: Apsulov: End of Gods

After 30 hours of fast paced button mashing combat in Valkyrie Elysium, I wanted to play a game without any combat so I started playing Roki which is a cartoonish, charming and cute point-and-click adventure game. It has a reality meets fable/fairy tale type story, an appealing visual style and logical fun to figure out key item puzzles. It’s currently on sale for $7.99 ($6.99 PS+) at the PS Store, and I recommend it if you’re a fan of the genre.

Games releasing this week
Aery - Path of Corruption
Aka
Alphadia Neo
Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
Blacktail - A Witch’s Fate
Bots Are Stupid
CarX Street
Cassiodora
Cities: Skylines - Financial District
The Crackpet Show
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion
Cygnus Enterprises
Formula Retro Racing: World Tour
Grime
High on Life
Infinite Guitars
It’s Kooky
Kawaii Slime Arena
Lil Gator Game
Master of Magic
Melatonin
My Hotel
Neon White
River City Girls 2
The Silk Road of the Eastern Dynasty
Starcom: Unknown Space
Tropico 6 - New Frontiers
Wavetale
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 258: 12/10/22: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion/River City Girls 2 Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: I can't remember anything...

Last week: Finished nothing, played Diablo 3, Sonic Frontiers, Grindstone, and Death Stranding

This week: More Sonic & Death Stranding. Might be done with D3 for now, we'll see. Grindstone is a pick up & play kind of game, so who knows.

Oh, I also downloaded the trial of the new Need For Speed and I really like it - the visual effects are really cool, and the driving has a good feel to it. It went on sale at BB Friday for $42, so I ordered it - should be here tomorrow.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 258: 12/10/22: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion/River City Girls 2 Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: God of War Ragnarok

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: Super Perils of Baking

Current backlog: 29

I haven't done much gaming the past week. Nasty virus has been kicking my butt. Hopefully I've turned the corner.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:34 amAdded to backlog: Super Perils of Baking
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I've heard it's a simple old-school platformer with some charm, thought I'd check it out since it's on sale.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:17 amI've heard it's a simple old-school platformer with some charm, thought I'd check it out since it's on sale.
It just struck me as funny because out of all of the games currently on sale you chose that one. But I didn’t know that it was a 2D platformer, I thought that it was a baking sim or something. :lol: By the way, if you like point-and-click adventure games then I would recommend Roki. It’s charming and cute with logical puzzles, I’ve been enjoying it.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I'm pretty lame, but I don't think I'm "spend money on a baking sim" lame.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Stray, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, God of War: Ragnarok

Added to Backlog: God of War: Ragnarok

Current Backlog: 44 games

25ish hours into Ragnarok - doing as much side stuff as I can along the way, but I'll have to come back to most areas with certain powers/skills later on. Curious to see where this story is heading.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

I finished Roki, it was one of the better point-and-click adventure puzzle games that I’ve played in a while because the puzzles were actually logical and made sense. I did get stumped a few times, but not too often. I figured out almost all of the puzzles on my own, there were only a few that I looked up the solutions for. The story was emotional at times, and the characters were cute. I liked the art style, and the game was a good length. I would have liked a little longer ending, but what was given was still fairly satisfying.