The Backlog Check-in Vol. 260: 12/24/22: Christmas Edition

crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 260: 12/24/22: Christmas Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Huh. I forget that there's only current gen games :P .

I played some Arkham Asylum while waiting for Horizon Forbidden West to download. It's definitely what I am looking for which is what I am hoping Horizon Forbidden West is able to deliver just on a grander scale. I want one of those meaty 9 billion things thrown up on the map games at the moment which is rare for me. I am going to try HFW now, here's to hoping. Maybe it'll grab me the same way and will end up like how I believe Transformers Devastation is one of the greatest games ever made and argyle's opinion is wrong :P .

...so nevermind. argyle was so right. I played about an hour and was super disengaged the whole time. I also remember why I had such a hard time with Zero Dawn was because there's too many gosh danged button combos to remember. It's like some kind of character action fighting game nonsense and the buttons then become context sensitive...after I spent 5 minutes in game trying to fiddle with the settings just to figure out a) how to throw a rock (which isn't even remotely close to how they tell you to do it during the tutorial for performing the action) and b) how to crouch, I noped out and uninstalled. Bummer...oh well, at least the spell is broken and I saved $30 :) !