The Haul Thread 2023

argyle

Re: The Haul Thread 2023

Post by argyle »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:04 pm Oh snap, I can't believe I forgot old man: the fishing in FF15 is ridiculous! You're going to love it. Each of the bros is good at a thing that they level up in. Noctis's thing is fishing. It's really a deep system I wholly chose to not engage with. It's such a big deal that the fishing got a PS VR spinoff. Enjoy!
Doh, I meant to mention that as well! Yes, the fishing is awesome in FFXV.

BTW, the more I see of FFXVI, the less interested I become. Really dark & gritty hyper-realistic looking game - doesn't feel like a FF game to me. Ironically, Sony showed another trailer in their showcase that felt much more like a FF and has me more excited for that one:

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:24 pmBTW, the more I see of FFXVI, the less interested I become. Really dark & gritty hyper-realistic looking game - doesn't feel like a FF game to me. Ironically, Sony showed another trailer in their showcase that felt much more like a FF and has me more excited for that one:

I’ve never really been interested in Final Fantasy XVI all that much for the reasons that you mentioned, and also because you play as a dude. :P However, I’ve been looking forward to Granblue Fantasy: Relink for a long time now. It looks really good.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:24 pm
crimson_tide wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:04 pm Oh snap, I can't believe I forgot old man: the fishing in FF15 is ridiculous! You're going to love it. Each of the bros is good at a thing that they level up in. Noctis's thing is fishing. It's really a deep system I wholly chose to not engage with. It's such a big deal that the fishing got a PS VR spinoff. Enjoy!
Doh, I meant to mention that as well! Yes, the fishing is awesome in FFXV.
All right! Now I'm extra excited to fire it up.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
The Division 2: Warlords of New York
Evil Below
Fairy Elements
Itorah
The Redress of Mira
Sword of the Vagrant
Twogether: Project Indigos
Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC Bundle
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
XEL
argyle

Post by argyle »

d4.jpg
sf6.png
sf6.png (305.18 KiB) Viewed 20443 times

Tam informed me that she just assumed we were getting Diablo 4 at release. So who am I to argue? :P

As for SF6, I was sitting on $55 of Playstation store credit. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:07 amTam informed me that she just assumed we were getting Diablo 4 at release. So who am I to argue? :P

You bought both of those digitally? I thought that you bought the majority of your games physically, especially big titles like those. I look forward to your impressions of them.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:38 am
argyle wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:07 amTam informed me that she just assumed we were getting Diablo 4 at release. So who am I to argue? :P

You bought both of those digitally? I thought that you bought the majority of your games physically, especially big titles like those. I look forward to your impressions of them.
Well for Street Fighter, as I said, I had $55 PSN credit so that's why I bought it digitally. And as far as Diablo goes, anything that Tam & I will both be playing I buy digitally so that I don't have to buy 2 copies.

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oooh, I am getting Street Fighter 6 for Father's Day at this point. I am really looking forward to it. The world tour mode is right up my alley with it sounding like a goofy mashup of Def Jam FFNY and Yakuza. The dynamic control scheme is perfect to get the kiddo up to speed to play. Pocket Fighter was real close but still just a bit much for her. Smash is a no go. So hopefully this will get her really into fighting games properly.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Grabbed God of War Ragnarok for $26.xx yesterday - looks like it's up to $29.xx now, but still a really good deal.

https://www.cdkeys.com/god-of-war-ragnarok-ps5-us

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital games
Alphadia Neo
Ape Escape
A Fold Apart
Q-YO Blaster