The Haul Thread 2023

canedaddy

Re: The Haul Thread 2023

Post by canedaddy »

And there it is!

Just curious... why did you get the Lite?

EDIT: Never mind, you answered in the other thread.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:53 pmJust curious... why did you get the Lite?

EDIT: Never mind, you answered in the other thread.
You should have also been curious why I chose turquoise, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe as my first two games. :lol:
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Ha, that's fair. I know next to nothing about what colors the thing comes in, but I wouldn't be surprised if turquoise is the best of the bunch.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:34 amI know next to nothing about what colors the thing comes in, but I wouldn't be surprised if turquoise is the best of the bunch.
Turquoise isn’t bad, but I would have preferred black, blue, or gray. I’m just glad that it wasn’t pink or yellow, because those are the only two colors that it comes in that I don’t like.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

PS4 digital game
Succubus
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I've heard from three friends now that this is really good. I find it hard to believe, but I'm going to give it a shot. Did any of you folks play it?
argyle

Post by argyle »

canedaddy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:40 pm Image

I've heard from three friends now that this is really good. I find it hard to believe, but I'm going to give it a shot. Did any of you folks play it?
I played the vanilla version & enjoyed it. It has some pacing issues, but from what I understand most of those are addressed w/ the DLC that's in the Royal Version.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

I dug it. I did as full of the experience as I could and watched the free anime introduction to each of the bros on YouTube and Kingsglaive. If you don't care about any of that though, it's still a real good time. Just accept the story is what it is but actually playing it I never got bored. Noctis's invisible floating armory and warp strike are just too dang cool and the bros are pretty baller. I really dug it. Plus if you just want to bum rush the story (which I did), it's a pretty low key affair and not too long at all. Enjoy old man!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

All right, good to know. Thank you, gentlemen!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh snap, I can't believe I forgot old man: the fishing in FF15 is ridiculous! You're going to love it. Each of the bros is good at a thing that they level up in. Noctis's thing is fishing. It's really a deep system I wholly chose to not engage with. It's such a big deal that the fishing got a PS VR spinoff. Enjoy!