Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection
jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 264: 1/21/23: Dead Space/Forspoken Edition

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Stray, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, God of War: Ragnarok

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

Getting closer to the Ragnarok platinum. Need to finish it up before Power Washing Simulator comes out. :lol:
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Ha, I think argyle said that is a fun game.

Same ol' same ol'...

Played recently: God of War Ragnarok

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 29

I've stepped away from the main storyline in Ragnarok to hit a lot of the side stuff. Almost done with that.

Phase, you haven't played anything in a while. In a funk?
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:47 am I've stepped away from the main storyline in Ragnarok to hit a lot of the side stuff. Almost done with that.
Are you finding the side stuff enjoyable? I think it's the same or similar stuff as the first game, but I'm always here for collectibles, etc. 8-) Just keep in mind that you can't do some stuff until after the story and don't fret about missing anything.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:07 pm Are you finding the side stuff enjoyable? I think it's the same or similar stuff as the first game, but I'm always here for collectibles, etc. 8-) Just keep in mind that you can't do some stuff until after the story and don't fret about missing anything.
Yeah, I like the different kinds of fights that come up, killing green birds, figuring out the Nornir chests and whatnot. I'm easily amused. :)
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:50 pm
jfissel wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:07 pm Are you finding the side stuff enjoyable? I think it's the same or similar stuff as the first game, but I'm always here for collectibles, etc. 8-) Just keep in mind that you can't do some stuff until after the story and don't fret about missing anything.
Yeah, I like the different kinds of fights that come up, killing green birds, figuring out the Nornir chests and whatnot. I'm easily amused. :)
Yeah, I guess I am as well, lol.

But I got the platinum! Those 2 optional boss fights were tough for sure, and just like Sigrun I had to drop the difficulty down to beat them. I think the best I did was 85-90% health gone. Oh well.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Congrats! The Machine is still running smoothly.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I'm taking on these Berserkers before I move to what seems like the game's end, and a couple of them have been kicking my butt. I also do not like some of the Helheim Crucible challenges. At all.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Dariusburst EX+ (my free game in a b2g1 purchase from gamestop.com back in *November* - good job GS :P )

Last...whatever: Finished nothing, played Death Stranding, Vampire Survivors

This week: More of that.

gandalf_darkness.jpg

Yeah...busy couple of weeks or so. Had an aunt that I was very close with pass away last week (she was effectively a grandmother to me growing up). That combined with work stuff & migraines. And here we are.

I started playing Vampire Survivors off of Gamepass after hearing so many ppl I follow on YouTube talk about it recently. And I see why. It looks terrible, and when you first start playing it is deceptively simplistic. But the more you play, the more it hooks you. Just an insidious time waster. I had mentioned it to DG as a good way to get the daily achievement for Bing points. Then the following Monday morning he messages me with "so I played a lot of VS this weekend." And I just laughed & said "me too". :P

Decided I'm probably going to pickup Hogwarts Legacy next week. Partially because it looks really fun, and partially to stick it to the woke mob who want to boycott it for dumb reasons. ;) Also, Tam has expressed interest in it, so there's that. That's another thing that has me buying digital on some games - thanks to game sharing, I can buy one copy of games we both want to play instead of having to pony up for two.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

argyle wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:33 pm Yeah...busy couple of weeks or so. Had an aunt that I was very close with pass away last week (she was effectively a grandmother to me growing up). That combined with work stuff & migraines. And here we are.
Sorry to hear that, argyle! :cry: