The Backlog Check-in Vol. 266: 2/4/23: Hogwarts Legacy Edition

argyle

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 266: 2/4/23: Hogwarts Legacy Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Nothing

Last week: Vampire Survivors (I think I'm done with that one for now), Diablo III (ditto), and Death Stranding

This week: Death Stranding until Friday, when I'll start Hogwarts

Week 2? of Phase watch - hope he's OK.

Was grinding some D3 last week trying to get a rare drop from the event that ended this past Sunday. Didn't happen. I've jumped back into DS, and still digging it (I just needed a short break :) ).

Have some Bing credit stockpiled for Hogwarts Legacy. Looks fun, and Tam is wanting to play it too - plus reviews look really good.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 266: 2/4/23: Hogwarts Legacy Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Yeah, I hope Phase is OK. I don't suppose anybody here has his contact info?

Played recently: God of War Ragnarok

Finished: Ragnarok

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 29

I beat God of War over the weekend and I believe I'm just two post-game boss fights away from platinum. Unfortunately, those are a bear. I came close to one of them (G) last night, but the other (KH) seems impossible. jfissel, you know what I'm talking about. Any tips?

Oh, great game, by the way. It's going to be very tough to beat for my GOTY.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah, hopefully phase is alright.

I finally got around to playing something again. I went back to the PSP and fired up Daxter. It's been pretty fun and really impressive, especially given the tech it was birthed on. I feel similarly to it as I do about the rest of the series - quite good, great technical chops, and generally fun platforming, but not on the level of genre classics. Very good though.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Stray, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, PowerWash Simulator

Added to Backlog: PowerWash Simulator

Current Backlog: 44 games

PowerWash Simulator is a lot of fun! I have been playing it a ton because I'm apparently addicted to cleaning things. Highly recommended, lol.
canedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:11 am I beat God of War over the weekend and I believe I'm just two post-game boss fights away from platinum. Unfortunately, those are a bear. I came close to one of them (G) last night, but the other (KH) seems impossible. jfissel, you know what I'm talking about. Any tips?
KH was very difficult for sure, which is why I dropped it down to easy and turned on the boss half-health checkpoint. :lol: Not sure I'm much help beyond that other than ensure you upgrade whatever you think the best armor is to level 9. I also did the same for G after enough tries to say I gave it a solid attempt.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:55 am KH was very difficult for sure, which is why I dropped it down to easy and turned on the boss half-health checkpoint. :lol: Not sure I'm much help beyond that other than ensure you upgrade whatever you think the best armor is to level 9. I also did the same for G after enough tries to say I gave it a solid attempt.
Do you recall what armor you used? I switched to the one from the mystery runic and it seemed to make things a little better.

I definitely need to turn on the half-health checkpoint thing. At least I won't have to start at the top every time. Thanks!
argyle

Post by argyle »

A site I follow, mondoshop.com, just sent me an email about a poster they're putting up for sale tomorrow. Naturally, I thought of cane. ;)

unnamed.jpg
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

argyle wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:21 pm A site I follow, mondoshop.com, just sent me an email about a poster they're putting up for sale tomorrow. Naturally, I thought of cane. ;)

unnamed.jpg
:lol:
canedaddy wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:19 pm
jfissel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:55 am KH was very difficult for sure, which is why I dropped it down to easy and turned on the boss half-health checkpoint. :lol: Not sure I'm much help beyond that other than ensure you upgrade whatever you think the best armor is to level 9. I also did the same for G after enough tries to say I gave it a solid attempt.
Do you recall what armor you used? I switched to the one from the mystery runic and it seemed to make things a little better.

I definitely need to turn on the half-health checkpoint thing. At least I won't have to start at the top every time. Thanks!
I believe I used the Ravens Tears wrist and waist and then the Steinbjorn armor (acquired by defeating the 4 troll statues you come across - I had to look up how to initiate those battles). The Ravens Tears items increase healing, which I felt I needed. I've also heard that Lunda's set or the Dragon set are pretty good as well. I guess figure out your play style and determine the armor that enhances that?
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

That poster is dope!

jfissel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:12 am I believe I used the Ravens Tears wrist and waist and then the Steinbjorn armor (acquired by defeating the 4 troll statues you come across - I had to look up how to initiate those battles). The Ravens Tears items increase healing, which I felt I needed. I've also heard that Lunda's set or the Dragon set are pretty good as well. I guess figure out your play style and determine the armor that enhances that?
I used the Steinbjorn and beat both of them last night with the midboss assist. I have to say, I don't think I would have ever defeated either of them without that. Both seemed tougher than any of the fights in Elden Ring to me.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:43 am
jfissel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:12 am I believe I used the Ravens Tears wrist and waist and then the Steinbjorn armor (acquired by defeating the 4 troll statues you come across - I had to look up how to initiate those battles). The Ravens Tears items increase healing, which I felt I needed. I've also heard that Lunda's set or the Dragon set are pretty good as well. I guess figure out your play style and determine the armor that enhances that?
I used the Steinbjorn and beat both of them last night with the midboss assist. I have to say, I don't think I would have ever defeated either of them without that. Both seemed tougher than any of the fights in Elden Ring to me.
8-) They are definitely tough bosses, just like Sigrun. Congrats on the platinum trophy!