The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition Qi

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:08 pm
argyle wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:21 pmMy main question to them would be - what exactly sets this apart from Dying Light?
It’s actually fun. :P
not yet.png
:P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by argyle »

They put up an extensive gameplay reveal video this morning, which I just watched. It looks like it could be fun - if reviews hold up, I may pick it up when it drops down in price.

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by canedaddy »

That looks a lot better than I expected.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:27 amThey put up an extensive gameplay reveal video this morning, which I just watched. It looks like it could be fun - if reviews hold up, I may pick it up when it drops down in price.
Thanks argyle. I didn’t watch the entire video because I want to go into the game without seeing too much beforehand, but what I did watch looked friggin’ awesome! I was already pretty hyped for it, but now I’m hyped even more. Only a little over a month to go.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:27 am They put up an extensive gameplay reveal video this morning, which I just watched. It looks like it could be fun - if reviews hold up, I may pick it up when it drops down in price.

Yeah, that looked really fun to me. I've yet to play a Dead Island game, but I ought to make time for it. Nice blend of silly-gory ridiculousness. I like.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Let’s all buy Dead Island 2 on day one, it’s been a long time since we’ve all bought the same game on day one. I think that God of War and Red Dead Redemption II were the last games that we did that with, and izzy didn’t buy them.
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:04 pm Let’s all buy Dead Island 2 on day one, it’s been a long time since we’ve all bought the same game on day one. I think that God of War and Red Dead Redemption II were the last games that we did that with, and izzy didn’t buy them.
I appreciate that idea phase, and I think that sort of thing can be really fun. I even remember suggesting a similar "book-club" sort of thing here long ago that was met with tepid response. :P (And, surely, we've all got our own lives, schedules and interests gaming wise.) But it's an Epic exclusive, and I decided long ago never to give them a cent - at least through direct store purchases. And my PS4 is buried in storage, and I'd rather play it on better hardware if/when I pick it up. I'm really looking forward to your impressions though. I hope it's a blast.

argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:04 pm Let’s all buy Dead Island 2 on day one, it’s been a long time since we’ve all bought the same game on day one. I think that God of War and Red Dead Redemption II were the last games that we did that with, and izzy didn’t buy them.
The problem for me is, it comes out a week before Star Wars: Jedi Survivor and 3 weeks before Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (which is my most anticipated game this year).
isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:06 am I even remember suggesting a similar "book-club" sort of thing here long ago that was met with tepid response. :P
I cannot remember what past-argyle said/thought about that idea, but present-argyle thinks is a really good one. I'd suggest we pick an indie because 1) they're a lot cheaper if someone doesn't already have the game and 2) possibly more importantly, they're typically a LOT shorter, so easier for someone to squeeze in around other games/life/etc. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks, but I'm game (no pun...no, screw it, PUN INTENDED! :P ).

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:49 pm
isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:06 am I even remember suggesting a similar "book-club" sort of thing here long ago that was met with tepid response. :P
I cannot remember what past-argyle said/thought about that idea, but present-argyle thinks is a really good one. I'd suggest we pick an indie because 1) they're a lot cheaper if someone doesn't already have the game and 2) possibly more importantly, they're typically a LOT shorter, so easier for someone to squeeze in around other games/life/etc. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks, but I'm game (no pun...no, screw it, PUN INTENDED! :P ).
I’m game, too. ;)
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:41 am
argyle wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:49 pm
I’m game, too. ;)
Yeah, I'm still up for it. We probably ought to do it in a way that we're not monopolizing everyone's gaming time. We could do it as a side thing or space it out every few months or whatever works for everyone who wants to participate, making it as pressure-free and loose as possible. It would add a bit of a cohesive sense to our little community imho. We could even all suggest a title and throw the list in a randomizer for some added excitement or something like that.

And then be disappointed when our game isn't picked. :P

It would be fun to have some real-time, immediately relatable conversation about what we're playing alongside the usual, I think.