The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: ?

Added: World War Z: Aftermath

Games releasing this week
Aces and Adventures
After the Fall
Akka Arrh
Altair Breaker
Animal Lover
Arcadia Fallen
Atomic Heart
Blood Bowl III
Brinefall
Chef Life: A Restaurant Simulator
Cities Reborn
Clive ‘N’ Wrench
Company of Heroes 3
Cosmonius High
The Crimson Flower that Divides: Lunar Coupling
Cruise Ship Manager
Demeo
Digimon World: Next Order
Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate
Ex Natura: Nature Corrupted
Fantavsion 202X
Flame Keeper
Frog Hop
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge
Hello Neighbor: Search & Rescue
Horizon: Call of the Mountain
Intruders: Hide and Seek
Kayak VR: Mirage
Kerbal Space Program 2
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
Kizuna AI: Touch the Beat
The Last Clockwinder
The Light Brigade
Like a Dragon: Ishin!
Lootbox Lyfe+
Metal Mutation
Midnight is Lost
Moss
Moss: Book II
My Dream Setup
NFL Pro Era
Octopath Traveler II
The Pale Beyond
Pavlov VR
Planet Cube: Edge
Puzzling Places
Redemption Reapers
Remorse: The List
Remoteness
Research Story
Rez Infinite
Scratch: The Painter Cat
Seven Doors
SimAirport
Song in the Smoke: Rekindle
Sons of the Forest
Star Wars: Tales From the Galaxy’s Edge
Synth Riders
The Tale of Onogoro
Tetris Effect: Connected
Thumper
Townsmen VR
Twice Reborn
Webgeon Speedrun Edition
What the Bat
Zenith: The Last City
Zombieland VR: Headshot fever
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: my physical copies of Contra Collection and A Boy And His Blob, both for the Switch, arrived last Friday

Last week:{/b] Finished nothing, played Hogwarts

This week: The same.

Hogwarts is still a lot of fun. I am looking forward to trying out Atomic Heart which dropped on Gamepass today, and I still want to get back around to Death Stranding, but for the moment my game time is going towards Hogwarts.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Spyro the Dragon

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: Tesla vs Lovecraft, A Short Hike

Current backlog: 30

I'm in the penultimate area of Spyro so I imagine I'll finish it pretty soon. It's just OK for me. The platforming is kinda wonky... some of the multiple jumps with supercharges are super annoying. I don't think I'm going to get 100%.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

I went back and started playing Adventure Island on the NES. Really a fun Mario-inspired platformer with a pretty good challenge.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

My brother got me this for my birthday, and I’m thinking about checking it out today:

isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:18 am My brother got me this for my birthday, and I’m thinking about checking it out today:

There are SO MANY of these little boxes out in the market. Personally, I just like to emulate on PC and customize my own way, but it's cool for those who just want a box with built-in games. So many of them are horrendous in terms of build quality and/or emulation though - at least many I've seen.

You've now got an impossible backlog though. :P Better get busy! ;)

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:09 amThere are SO MANY of these little boxes out in the market. Personally, I just like to emulate on PC and customize my own way, but it's cool for those who just want a box with built-in games. So many of them are horrendous in terms of build quality and/or emulation though - at least many I've seen.
My brother said that he did a lot of research on these little emulation consoles, and that the one that he got me is one of the better and newer ones.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:09 amYou've now got an impossible backlog though. :P Better get busy! ;)
IKR
isthatallyougot

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:59 am My brother said that he did a lot of research on these little emulation consoles, and that the one that he got me is one of the better and newer ones.
isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:09 amYou've now got an impossible backlog though. :P Better get busy! ;)
IKR
That's cool. I hope you have tons of fun with it!

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:26 amSo that thing has 37,555 games on it?? :shock:

https://superconsolexgamelist.com/super-console-x
Actually even more than that as it’s the newest model. It’s said to have just about every game that came out for every console and handheld up until the Dreamcast.