The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:59 pm I played it in my youth, the Wonder Boy games were some of my favorites back in the day especially when they started to become less platformers and more action adventure games. I look forward to checking them all out again when I play the Super Console Cube X3.
Did you beat Adventure Island?

I'm currently up to 5-2 and chipping away. Really fun game that pushes those platforming skills.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:25 amDid you beat Adventure Island?

I'm currently up to 5-2 and chipping away. Really fun game that pushes those platforming skills.
I can’t remember if I finished it or not, I will check it out again when I play the Super Console Cube X3.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:59 am
jfissel wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:22 pmI am interested, but I knew Ishin was coming out and I was filling the time until that launched with the amazing PowerWash Simulator...will circle back to Hogwarts Legacy over the summer.
There’s just too many games to play... period. In addition to my massive backlog, I just got the Super Console Cube X3 which is packed with thousands of retro games, Octopath Traveler II came out today and I want it, Hogwarts Legacy comes out April 4th for PS4 and I want it and Dead Island 2 comes out April 21st which I want as well. Heck, I even want Like a Dragon: Ishin! which just came out too, but I don’t want it quite as much as the other games that I mentioned so I can wait to get it on sale or when it’s cheaper. I’m also going to wait to get Octopath Traveler II since it’s not a game that I need to play right now. I do want Hogwarts Legacy the day that it comes out, but it’s too close to Dead Island 2 which I’m definitely buying on day one.
Yeah, decisions will have to be made lol.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:47 amYeah, decisions will have to be made lol.
A decision has already been made, I’m buying Dead Island 2 on day one. All of the other games will have to wait until they’re either on sale, or cheaper. I rarely ever buy games on day one for full price unless they’re something that I want to play as soon as they come out. I want to play Dead Island 2 as soon as it comes out, it’s my most anticipated game of the year.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:51 pm
jfissel wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:47 amYeah, decisions will have to be made lol.
A decision has already been made, I’m buying Dead Island 2 on day one. All of the other games will have to wait until they’re either on sale, or cheaper. I rarely ever buy games on day one for full price unless they’re something that I want to play as soon as they come out. I want to play Dead Island 2 as soon as it comes out, it’s my most anticipated game of the year.
Here's hoping it lives up to your expectations - that thing's been in development hell for a while, and I would have sworn that they were going to cancel it for a while there. Red flags all over the place on that one for me, but I've been surprised before.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:34 pmHere's hoping it lives up to your expectations - that thing's been in development hell for a while, and I would have sworn that they were going to cancel it for a while there. Red flags all over the place on that one for me, but I've been surprised before.
Yeah, it went through two different developers until finally being developed by Dambuster Studios who didn’t use any of the previous development of the game, and started it from scratch. They spent four years developing it, and seemed passionate about it. Here’s a video of the devs answering questions about the game:

They seem pretty happy with the game, so I have a feeling that it’s going to deliver. The first is one of my favorite games, and this looks even better.
argyle

Post by argyle »

I possibly know LESS after watching that "interview". :P

My main question to them would be - what exactly sets this apart from Dying Light?
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

The biggest question is does the special edition come with one of these?

argyle

Post by argyle »

vomit.gif
vomit.gif (783.46 KiB) Viewed 12832 times

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 268: 2/18/23: Like a Dragon: Ishin!/Octopath Traveler II Edition Qi

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:21 pmMy main question to them would be - what exactly sets this apart from Dying Light?
It’s actually fun. :P The first Dying Light is fun for a while, but becomes too hard too fast. They somewhat recently added an easy mode to it which I’m sure makes it a more enjoyable experience. Dying Light 2 is somewhat lacking fun factor IMO. It failed twice to hold my interest, maybe it will the third time that I play it. Dead Island 2 is more colorful and comedic, and less bleak and serious. Also, it’s four player co-op.