The Backlog Check-in Vol. 270: 3/4/23: Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Edition

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 270: 3/4/23: Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Edit

Post by jfissel »

Hope everything will be ok, Phase.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 270: 3/4/23: Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Edit

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:27 am As I mentioned in my first post, I’m back in the hospital. I’ve been here for almost a week now. My foot wounds got infected, and I had to come back to the hospital to be put on IV antibiotics. While my foot is looking better, I also have an infection in my heel bone which is even more serious. I have to have IV antibiotics every day for a month to get rid of the infection, so when I leave the hospital I have to go to the infusion clinic five days a week for a month to have IV antibiotics put in me. That’s in addition to going to the wound clinic three times a week to have my foot wounds cleaned and bandaged. Thankfully they’re both right next to each other, so I can schedule the appointments back to back.
I'm sorry to hear that phase. (Like argyle I somehow missed your statement in the first post.) I'm sending you good vibes, and I surely hope you get your situation in a manageable state.

You know my thoughts about this particular issue, and I know you've expressed a reluctance to consider that approach. The food industry is absolutely *sinister*, and I really feel for the masses addicted by their (very calculated) methods. The casualties absolutely DWARF those from the tobacco industry, and they've been widely accepted for the villains they are. Unfortunately we all have to eat, and when the bulk of what is available at the grocery store isn't even "food", and beyond that is actively toxic to human physiology, you've got a world of metabolically ill (whether full blown diabetics or not) people that is only accelerating in that direction. Devastating and pure evil. Take care of yourself phase.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I saw the doctor today, and he said since the bone in my foot is infected that it needs to be amputated. It’s being amputated in the morning.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:12 pm Thanks everyone for the kind words. I saw the doctor today, and he said since the bone in my foot is infected that it needs to be amputated. It’s being amputated in the morning.
I really hate to hear that Phase. :( Hang in there, we're all pulling for you. You'll beat this.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

To echo argyle, hang in there. :heart:

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:12 pm Thanks everyone for the kind words. I saw the doctor today, and he said since the bone in my foot is infected that it needs to be amputated. It’s being amputated in the morning.
Aw man. I can only imagine. So sorry to hear that. Praying for you.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Well, that took an unfortunate turn. Best wishes in surgery and recovery!
isthatallyougot

I'm going to post about gaming, but if the tone of that conversation feels inappropriate to phase (or anyone else), let me know and I'll hush up quick. I thought it may serve as a bit of normalcy, given what he's going through, but we all contextualize things differently.

Man, Chronicon is absolutely fabulous! I've played more than 20 hours in the past 3 days or so, and it sure is addictive fun. It's ridiculously deep and it took a good while to get my bearings, but wrecking fools with my customized warlock (there are 4 classes plus one dlc) is catharsis defined. Absolute blast of a game. Any of you who like dungeon crawling ARPGs / Diablo-likes would probably enjoy it. I know you said it's not on console cane, but maybe argyle would enjoy it.

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

The surgery went well. My foot still feels like it’s there. But the worst part about it right now isn’t that my foot is missing, but that my entire leg is wrapped extremely tightly with bandages and there’s a big hard plastic stint underneath it so that I can’t bend my knee. The pressure is almost unbearable. I see the doctor tomorrow and I’m going to tell him about it, and hopefully it gets loosened or something because right now it feels like my entire leg is in a vice. I will be at the hospital for a few more days to make sure that my leg is healing properly, and then I will go home.
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:58 pmI'm going to post about gaming, but if the tone of that conversation feels inappropriate to phase (or anyone else), let me know and I'll hush up quick. I thought it may serve as a bit of normalcy, given what he's going through, but we all contextualize things differently.
You can post about gaming under one condition: you have to post about games that are available on console because no one else here other than yourself plays PC games, not even argyle who has a gaming PC. :P
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phantom limb, that's a thing. Glad to hear there are no complications so far.