The Backlog Check-in Vol. 270: 3/4/23: Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Edition

canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 270: 3/4/23: Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Edit

Post by canedaddy »

Wow. I'm glad the procedure went well. I had folks in my church group praying for you last night.

The pressure of that wrap sounds intolerable, but I imagine it's necessary. Hope it comes off soon. This is nowhere near the same thing, but when I was in the hospital for a perforated bowel, they put these things on my legs to circulate the blood. I hated them so much I demanded they be taken off. The nurses said I'd be at risk of stroke and I said I do not care, get them off. Maybe not smart...

I assume you're getting a prosthetic of some kind? I've seen them for legs (knee down) and hands but not for a foot.
isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 270: 3/4/23: Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania/Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Edit

Post by isthatallyougot »

Phaseknox wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:19 pm The surgery went well. My foot still feels like it’s there. But the worst part about it right now isn’t that my foot is missing, but that my entire leg is wrapped extremely tightly with bandages and there’s a big hard plastic stint underneath it so that I can’t bend my knee. The pressure is almost unbearable. I see the doctor tomorrow and I’m going to tell him about it, and hopefully it gets loosened or something because right now it feels like my entire leg is in a vice. I will be at the hospital for a few more days to make sure that my leg is healing properly, and then I will go home.
isthatallyougot wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:58 pmI'm going to post about gaming, but if the tone of that conversation feels inappropriate to phase (or anyone else), let me know and I'll hush up quick. I thought it may serve as a bit of normalcy, given what he's going through, but we all contextualize things differently.
You can post about gaming under one condition: you have to post about games that are available on console because no one else here other than yourself plays PC games, not even argyle who has a gaming PC. :P
:lol:

Well you seem like you're in good spirits, all things considered. I hope so anyway.

And it's not like you need a "gaming PC" in order to enjoy games like Chronicon. The system specs are minimal. Whether you're a "PC gamer" or not, it's easily accessible and well worth playing if you enjoy the genre imho. Plug your controller in and have a blast.

Hope your recovery progresses smoothly phase!

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!