The Backlog Check-in Vol. 271: 3/11/23: Bayonetta Origins/The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure/WWE 2K23 Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 271: 3/11/23: Bayonetta Origins/The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure/WWE 2K23 Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

argyle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:23 pm Now that I've finished Hogwarts Legacy, I wouldn't recommend it at full price. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it at all for most of you guys. I think Phase will enjoy it, but it's not worth getting day-1. Way too many missed opportunities, and the annoyances of the game really add up the further you go. Story is extremely unsatisfying - the main story is never really interesting, and the main sidequest that is kinda engaging for a bit forces you into a decision that I personally wouldn't have made, then has almost zero resolution at the end beyond one of the characters basically saying "Hey, remember that happened? Yup." Ugh.
I wasn't going to get it soon anyway, but I appreciate the word. I never got into HP (only saw one or two of the films), but the game did look fun to me. I'll still probably pick it up at some point *way* down the road and for a song, if ever.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 271: 3/11/23: Bayonetta Origins/The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure/WWE 2K23 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:23 pm Now that I've finished Hogwarts Legacy, I wouldn't recommend it at full price. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it at all for most of you guys. I think Phase will enjoy it, but it's not worth getting day-1. Way too many missed opportunities, and the annoyances of the game really add up the further you go. Story is extremely unsatisfying - the main story is never really interesting, and the main sidequest that is kinda engaging for a bit forces you into a decision that I personally wouldn't have made, then has almost zero resolution at the end beyond one of the characters basically saying "Hey, remember that happened? Yup." Ugh.
You never seemed to be enjoying it all that much while you were playing it, I guess that it just never really clicked with you. I’m still interested in it of course, but the PS4 version got delayed again until May 5th so I won’t be playing it anytime soon. I still might get Dead Island 2 on day one if the reviews are positive.