The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Editio

Post by argyle »

Sorry to hear that Phase, that really SUCKS!!!!

These days Sony is FAR more anti-consumer than Nintendo - tho Microsoft is the most consumer friendly of them all right now. They tend to change up, so who knows what the future will hold.

And if you do give it another go at some point Cane, the official Pro Controller is a must-have accessory IMO - super comfy. That goes for Phase as well. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Editio

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:10 pmif you do give it another go at some point Cane, the official Pro Controller is a must-have accessory IMO - super comfy. That goes for Phase as well. :)
Yeah, I asked for enough Amazon credit to buy it, the Switch OLED and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I’m going to order everything when I get home.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

argyle wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:10 pm These days Sony is FAR more anti-consumer than Nintendo - tho Microsoft is the most consumer friendly of them all right now. They tend to change up, so who knows what the future will hold.
Please explain. I know Sony games get cheap eventually and they have tons of sales. I also know Microsoft is buying up studios and taking games away from PlayStation gamers. (Well I guess that's friendly to their consumers, as is GamePass.)
argyle

Post by argyle »

Well Sony has bought studios as well (just smaller ones since they don't have that kind of $$) and they have DEFINITELY made deals to keep games off of Xbox platforms (recent examples are Silent Hill 2 remake & FF 7 Remake / FF XVI). So they both lock down games and "take them away" from the other system - that's just part of the business, and isn't what I'm referring to.

The main things that I have a problem with Sony about right now are: 1) the $10 upcharge to upgrade a game from PS4 to PS5. Not only is this gouging, but implementing this made the whole process of updating a game WAY more convoluted (On the Xbox, you pop in the game, if it has an updated next-gen version it automatically downloads it - it's transparent to the user). 2) They refuse to put their games on their (more expensive) subscription service day-1 (or anywhere close to it). I don't think you can fully appreciate the value of GamePass until you try it, and a huge part of that is having all of Microsoft's 1st-party games on the service day-1, along with quite a few 3rd party games. BTW, THAT'S the main reason Sony is fighting the Activision acquisition. MS has already signed agreements to keep Call of Duty on all consoles for at least 10 years, and any games currently on the system will stay there - Sony doesn't want those games on GP, because having CoD, Overwatch 2, Diablo IV, etc. on the service will be huge.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis