The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Edition

Phaseknox

The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

Played: Nothing

Finished: Nothing

Playing: Nothing

Added: Armed Emeth, Dead Island Definitive Collection, Dolmen, Gris, King’s Bounty II, Paradise Lost, The Pillars of the Earth, Silver Nornir

Games releasing this week
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key
Beyond the Wall
The Crown of Wu
Deceive Inc.
GDC 2023
Ghost of Tabor
Have a Nice Death
Island Farmer
Last Labyrinth
Mr. Saitou
Not for Broadcast
Omen of Sorrow
Out of the Park Baseball 24
Overloop
Postal 4: No Regrets
Project Dew
Rakuen
Resident Evil 4
The Settlers: New Allies
Song of Memories
Storyteller
Superfidos
Tchia
Townsmen VR
argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Editio

Post by argyle »

Games added: Nothing

Last week: Finished nothing, played Super Mario Odyssey, Peggle 2, & Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate

This week: Should wrap up Mario, and I started back playing Xenoblade 3 last night

Kinda a low-key gaming week, life has been stressful enough lately so just playing relaxing, mellow games when I have a few mins.

Hope the recovery is going well Phase. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 272: 3/18/23: Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key/Resident Evil 4 Editio

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:57 amHope the recovery is going well Phase. :)
Thanks. I’m currently in rehab getting occupational and physical therapy, it’s mainly been arm and leg strengthening exercises. I don’t feel that being here is all that necessary since I already have good arm and leg strength, and good balance. I’m ready to go home, I’m tired of being in hospitals and rehab facilities.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:36 am
argyle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:57 amHope the recovery is going well Phase. :)
Thanks. I’m currently in rehab getting occupational and physical therapy, it’s mainly been arm and length strengthening exercises. I don’t feel that being here is all that necessary since I already have good arm and leg strength, and good balance. I’m ready to go home, I’m tired of being in hospitals and rehab facilities.
Man, I imagine so - do you know when they're going to let you go home?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Yeah, hope you get to go home soon phase. I'm sure it's draining.

I played some more Chronicon this week. I also started up Conker's Bad Fur Day for N64. Never played that one before. I'm not sure I'm going to dig it, but I haven't played much. I also started Kind Words that I picked up on Steam recently. It's just a message sharing app with a chill skin designed on fostering positive vibes anonymously. I'm enjoying the premise and execution despite it not being a "game".

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Hope they spring you soon, Phase.

Played recently: Nobody Saves the World

Finished: nothing

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 28

I'm still having fun with Nobody Saves the World. It's a much bigger game than I expected... I see icons in far parts of the map that I'm not even close to reaching. It also seems like some grinding is required to advance, but so far it hasn't been egregious. You level up fast.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Like a Dragon: Ishin

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 44 games

29 hours into Ishin already, wow! Only chapter 4 as well...because side stuff.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:00 amdo you know when they're going to let you go home?
I get to go home either Thursday or Friday.
jfissel wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:19 pm29 hours into Ishin already, wow! Only chapter 4 as well...because side stuff.
29 hours already? :o How many chapters are there? How does it compare to the other Yakuza games?
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phase, are you wishing you had a Switch to play while you're locked up? :P
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Phaseknox wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:46 pm I get to go home either Thursday or Friday.
Almost there, stay strong!
Phaseknox wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:46 pm 29 hours already? :o How many chapters are there? How does it compare to the other Yakuza games?
I'm not sure, but my guess is 12-15 like all the other games. It's very "familiar" but obviously a different map and time period as well as always fighting with a sword and/or gun. But without spoiling anything, the faces of main Yakuza series characters are here on different people. So Majima is some other person, etc. It's weird because he still kinda acts like Majima, but fun at the same time. Interested to see where this story goes. There's a side thing called "Another Life" where you have a second home in the country and can grow vegetables, cook dishes, keep chickens/dogs/cats, and fish. Currently working through the trade requests and cooking (someone will ask for 10 tomatoes or whatever). It's so easy to pour hours into things like that, making it absolutely no different from the Hostess, Real Estate, and other major side activities in previous games. Highly recommended for Yakuza fans!