Zombie Soup
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 274: 4/1/23: GrimGrimoire OnceMore Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Played recently: Nobody Saves the World, Super Perils of Baking

Finished: Nobody Saves the World

Added to backlog: nothing

Current backlog: 28

Nobody Saves the World was a good time. It's cool that Drinkbox does so many different kinds of games and all of them are fun and have a signature style. My final play time was 35 hours... a lot longer than I expected. I might have gone for the platinum if I didn't see that it requires beating the game again in NG+. Maybe some other time.

After that, I fired up Super Perils of Baking, a pixel platformer that's a tribute to (or knockoff of) 2D Marios. Check it out if you like that kind of thing. As much as I'm digging jumping around and avoiding/killing monstrous baked goods, I'm finding it very hard to 100% some of the levels so I'm giving up on that pursuit.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, Like a Dragon: Ishin

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 44 games

I'm in chapter 6 of Ishin...moving along since I've done a lot of the side stuff already. Might just continue the story for a few chapters while tackling substories occasionally or when I run into them.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Games added: Nothing

Last week: Finished nothing, played a few different games - nothing stuck

This week: I think I finally settled on something last night, FF7 Remake.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

Saturday night I was kind of rushing to the restroom from my bedroom using my walker and my wheelchair was sitting outside my bedroom door with the front wheels slightly in the way, so I lifted the front of the walker to get over them and it hit them and I fell straight down directly on my stump breaking the incision completely open. I was immediately rushed to the hospital, and had emergency surgery the next day. The doctor said that it went well, and I came home yesterday. I’ve been in a lot of pain. I’m strictly using my wheelchair now because using the walker is too dangerous. This has set me way back, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to get my prosthetic leg/foot now.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Man, that sucks. Has anyone suggesting a knee cart? It would be easier to maneuver around the house than a wheelchair but sturdier and safer than a walker.

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

Sorry about your setback phase. Hang in there. Little by little everything resolves.

I think I'm just about finished with Crystalis. It has been a fun old-school action rpg. It has some of the same annoyances I often find in Zelda along with many of the same strengths. But overall, it's surely been worth playing. Glad I went back in time. I seem to be playing far more retro stuff in recent years. As time moves forward, I move backwards. Where will it lead? Surely to the deconstruction of commonly accepted "reality". :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:04 pmMan, that sucks. Has anyone suggesting a knee cart? It would be easier to maneuver around the house than a wheelchair but sturdier and safer than a walker.

I wanted one of those for the reasons that you mentioned, but my doctor said that I couldn’t use one until my incision healed because I couldn’t put so much weight down on my stump while it’s healing. By the time that it heals I’ll have a prosthetic leg/foot, so I won’t have a need for a knee cart.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:33 pmI think I'm just about finished with Crystalis. It has been a fun old-school action rpg. It has some of the same annoyances I often find in Zelda along with many of the same strengths. But overall, it's surely been worth playing. Glad I went back in time. I seem to be playing far more retro stuff in recent years.
I have Crystalis on my little retro game console, and I plan on playing it. I started playing BloodRayne ReVamped, and it’s a really good remaster displayed in HD widescreen and running at 60fps. Like you I’ve been wanting to play more retro stuff lately, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 are a couple of my favorite third person action games from the past and I was really enjoying playing the first game again now. Unfortunately, my stump is hurting too much to play for very long. It only doesn’t hurt much when I lay in bed and don’t move it.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Phaseknox wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:24 pm I wanted one of those for the reasons that you mentioned, but my doctor said that I couldn’t use one until my incision healed because I couldn’t put so much weight down on my stump while it’s healing. By the time that it heals I’ll have a prosthetic leg/foot, so I won’t have a need for a knee cart.
Well as a wise man once said, that SUCKS!!!!

Glad you're enjoying your return to BloodRayne for as long as you can play it.