The Backlog Check-in Vol. 275: 4/8/23: Hello Kitty and Friends: Happiness Parade Edition

isthatallyougot

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 275: 4/8/23: Hello Kitty and Friends: Happiness Parade Edition

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:18 am I'll join y'all in playing Aria of Sorrow.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
crimson_tide

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 275: 4/8/23: Hello Kitty and Friends: Happiness Parade Edition

Post by crimson_tide »

Oh yeah, say no more fam...unnamed gaming book club thread Numero Uno incoming shortly!
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Hey guys: Skyrim. I might buy it finally. Is it too late? Just curious, it's in my cart and I might bite tomorrow when the sale updates. That, Disco Elysium and Chained Echoes are going to be my big buys. I keep thinking about finally biting for Godfall. Don't know why I just haven't yet...
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

isthatallyougot wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:11 amI had mentioned the book club thing years ago and mentioned it again a little while back and argyle and phase (I think) said they'd be interested
I think at the time I thought that I might be interested in it, but not now... sorry. I just want to play what I’m in the mood to play at the time, and right now that’s BloodRayne ReVamped.
crimson_tide wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:00 pmHey guys: Skyrim. I might buy it finally. Is it too late?
It’s not too late IMO, it’s one of my favorite RPGs of all-time.
argyle

Post by argyle »

Which one is Aria? 1, 2, or 3? I'm down, just lemme know.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

crimson_tide wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:00 pm Hey guys: Skyrim. I might buy it finally. Is it too late? Just curious, it's in my cart and I might bite tomorrow when the sale updates.
It's still great if you love open world RPGs. There's no other series quite like TES imho. Although, I prefer Oblivion and would play that over Skyrim if you haven't.
Phaseknox wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:24 pm I think at the time I thought that I might be interested in it, but not now... sorry. I just want to play what I’m in the mood to play at the time, and right now that’s BloodRayne ReVamped.
Don't worry about it phase. Just enjoy what you enjoy. No problem.
argyle wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:35 am Which one is Aria? 1, 2, or 3? I'm down, just lemme know.
It's the 3rd GBA entry after Circle and Harmony...although I'm not entirely sure how that makes it easier to identify and/or play than the actual title of the game, lol. I must really be getting old. :P

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
argyle

Post by argyle »

isthatallyougot wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:40 am It's the 3rd GBA entry after Circle and Harmony...although I'm not entirely sure how that makes it easier to identify and/or play than the actual title of the game, lol. I must really be getting old. :P
Well it doesn't, and I've fired it up and saw for myself by now anyway. :P But I was just curious if it was one of the ones I've started already (it wasn't).
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

argyle

Post by argyle »

Apparently I won the Gamestop lottery. Not only are all 3 of the games I ordered complete & in really good condition, but RE4 Remaster is new. As in shrink-wrapped. :shock:
PXL_20230413_224108480.jpg
PXL_20230413_224131113.jpg

crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

That's baller argyle, the GS gods hath smiled upon thee :P !

My little haul from the spring sale on PSN includes Huntdown. It is no longer on sale for $4. Which is a shame because when it is I will implore y'all to pick it up! It's a 2D shooter like Gunstar Heroes or even more accurately Vice Project Doom (one of the greatest NES games ever. Don't argue with me). It's dripping with 80's style gang warfare of what they thought the future would be (think Demolition Man) and the bosses are really, really good. It's the best $4 I spent in awhile, I am super digging this one. Best of all, no lives! Just checkpoints and you can go through las many times as it takes you to beat a stage. I have been playing one or two stages a day for funsies and it's been great! Please check it out in the next sale, you will not be disappointed!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:57 pm My little haul from the spring sale on PSN includes Huntdown. It is no longer on sale for $4. Which is a shame because when it is I will implore y'all to pick it up! It's a 2D shooter like Gunstar Heroes or even more accurately Vice Project Doom (one of the greatest NES games ever. Don't argue with me). It's dripping with 80's style gang warfare of what they thought the future would be (think Demolition Man) and the bosses are really, really good.
You’re preaching to the choir. :P