The PS2 Backlog Committee Game Club #1 - Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow

canedaddy

Re: The PS2 Backlog Committee Game Club #1 - Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow

Post by canedaddy »

Excellent.

I'm just over 50% myself and still having a great time with it. There are places all over the map that I can't get to because I lack different abilities. I imagine that will work itself out as I go along, as it has thus far.
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

This might be symbolic of real life, but I'm having a tough time beating Death. Any tips?
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

canedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:19 am This might be symbolic of real life, but I'm having a tough time beating Death. Any tips?
Surrender is the only way. :P

Seriously though, just attack with your most powerful weapon up close in the first stage while dispatching or dodging the little sickles. And when he goes into phase two, he'll attack low and high which he telegraphs. Watch for the cues and leap over the low ones and duck under the high ones. Also make sure to move past his towers (or whatever they are that pursue you). It's probably not the best advice, ha, but I don't know what else to suggest really. Just a pattern thing. You could always level up to a ridiculous degree if you want to trivialize things, but that's surely tedious.

I'm at around 70% soul completion and have been using one of those souls (won't spoil which one) to identify hidden areas, which has been nice. I also paid an absurd price (300K) for the ring from the vendor to help pop those missing souls more easily. I've still got some map areas to unlock though. I'm still having fun looking for those secrets. Really great game.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Thanks. I will beat Death tonight or die trying. :P
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:01 pm Thanks. I will beat Death tonight or die trying. :P
:lol: Good luck. I hope you don't die while dealing with...death. :P

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Well, it would make for a funny story!
isthatallyougot

That cosmic jester never rests!

I'd drop the game if I were you - just to be safe. :P

argyle

Post by argyle »

I'm just over 50% map completion, and last time I played I couldn't figure out where to go. Each path I can see is blocked by an obstacle I don't seem to have the way past. I *thought* I had figured it out, there's a closed "gate" or something in the bottom-right and just past it you can see a button or wheel or something...I figured it would be like Symphony, and the familiar guy I got would open it. No such luck.

I've also ran into a rabbit with a watch who reverses time or something and blinks me out of that hallway, and a door in a messed-up area of disconnected rooms that's covered with black "smoke" that just hits me when I touch it. I've gotten almost every soul I can currently collect as well. It's probably a symptom of my fried tax-brain, maybe once that's behind me I'll be able to get a little more clarity on the situation.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

isthatallyougot

Argyle, if you're talking about the button that is further to the left and blocked off by a gray wall just as you enter the room from the right (in the lower right map section), you don't need to worry about that to beat the game. I hope I'm not spoilering when you didn't want any hints. Is there *even* spoiler code on this site? I didn't see it.

argyle

Post by argyle »

Yep, that's the spot, and no I don't mind at all - thankis. I'm pretty close to looking it up anyway, just can't make any headway in either of the other two directions. And I don't see any other spots on the map I haven't explored (except for a couple that require you to fly or something and one or two that require you to be able to sink down to the bottom of the water).
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis