The Backlog Check-in Vol. 276: 4/15/23: Dead Island 2 Edition

argyle

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 276: 4/15/23: Dead Island 2 Edition

Post by argyle »

Games added: Dead Space Remake, RE4 Remake, Evil West, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Xbox), Untitled Goose Game, Spirit of the North (Switch)

Last week: Finished nothing, played Aria of Sorrow, a little RE4, probably something else but my brain is fried right now

This week: Still playing Aria, and not much else

Who has waited until the last minute to do his taxes like an idiot?
source.gif
source.gif (1.42 MiB) Viewed 8722 times
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Taxes SUCK!!!!

We paid someone to do them this year for the very first time, and I have no regrets.
isthatallyougot

Post by isthatallyougot »

What are taxes?

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

argyle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:44 pm Games added: Untitled Goose Game
argyle

Post by argyle »

jfissel wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:09 am
argyle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:44 pm Games added: Untitled Goose Game
Hehe - I had played it on Gamepass (didn't finish it tho) but I wanted to own in physically - when I saw it at my GS last Friday I figured the b2g1 was a good way to fix that. :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

argyle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:44 pmGames added: Untitled Goose Game
I have this in my backlog, but that should come as no surprise because I have EVERYTHING in my backlog. :P
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Protip argyle: tax extensions to October exist. I only know or care about this because my self employed wife keeps having to apply for them because she too hates doing taxes. Otherwise, mine are mad easy because I'm just a teacher. Just saying...

Played: Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Sackboy, TMNT IV Turtles in Time...I forget the rest. DMC1 I think? Oh and Cosmic Star Heroine.

Beat: Turtles in Time

Bought: Shadowrun Collection, Skyrim...the new one, Huntdown, Disco Elysium

This week:...I don't know. Work is back. Cosmic Star Heroine I guess because Vita and subway. And Huntdown because it's Huntdown. And Aria because game club. :)

I started Cosmic Star Heroine because I wanted to give DQ8 a break because it was starting to feel like a grind. It's really dang good, I like it thus far. Aria is cool. This rewind thing is flipping great, every retro rerelease should have it! I have been abusing it. But Huntdown super won me over. That's a balling ass baller 2D shooter with AMAZING bosses right there! Going to get a level in now before bed, later fam!

Oh and my late ass GOTY is in the draft phase on the boards. Picked the order but this Lost Judgement writeup is just a monster because I want to properly convey my loathing of it sans spoilers. Man, I really hated that game...guess you know where it placed now :lol: .
argyle

Post by argyle »

the-wedding-singer-adam-sandler.gif
the-wedding-singer-adam-sandler.gif (2.13 MiB) Viewed 8699 times

:P
Seriously, I think the stress & anxiety from having them hanging over my head had gone on any longer I might have snapped.

jfissel

Post by jfissel »

crimson_tide wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:31 pm Oh and my late ass GOTY is in the draft phase on the boards. Picked the order but this Lost Judgement writeup is just a monster because I want to properly convey my loathing of it sans spoilers. Man, I really hated that game...guess you know where it placed now :lol: .
:o I look forward to reading your rant. :lol:
Phaseknox wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:54 pm
argyle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:44 pmGames added: Untitled Goose Game
I have this in my backlog, but that should come as no surprise because I have EVERYTHING in my backlog. :P
It's not a long game, so knock it out whenever!
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:29 amIt's not a long game, so knock it out whenever!
I will when I’m in the mood for a goose sim. :P I’ve been playing BloodRayne ReVamped, and having a blast. It’s a PS2/Xbox era third person action game at its finest. It’s nothing deep or complicated, just the basics to run through levels slicing, dicing and shooting monsters and Nazis. It plays fast with fairly tight controls, but the combat lacks oomph. It’s still fun, but lacks punch. The levels are open-ish and maze-like with mini objectives, so it’s not linear or straight forward. I played it back when it came out and liked it, but I remember being a little disappointed that it wasn’t more of an action adventure platformer. I’m enjoying it more this time probably because we haven’t gotten a lot of these types of mid-tier third person action games over the years.