The Backlog Check-in Vol. 279: 5/6/23: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition

jfissel

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 279: 5/6/23: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition

Post by jfissel »

canedaddy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am Much nostalgia there. I first played that on NES and then the PSP version many years later. What's different in the new one?
No extra dungeons or anything that was added in Dawn of Souls GBA or versions after. I don't recall the PSP version having maps like this one - way easier to find where you're going and where the treasure chests are - but I could be wrong on that one. I also think that gold/exp boost up to 4x are new, and you have the ability to turn encounters on/off at will. A lot of things are "quality of life" but they also make the game easier than it ever was.
canedaddy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am Sure is! Almost worth the price of admission.

Is there a physical version of the whole set of six games?
As argyle pointed out, there was a physical release for Switch and PS4 and (at least the PS4 version sold out very fast).
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 279: 5/6/23: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Edition

Post by canedaddy »

jfissel wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:19 am No extra dungeons or anything that was added in Dawn of Souls GBA or versions after. I don't recall the PSP version having maps like this one - way easier to find where you're going and where the treasure chests are - but I could be wrong on that one. I also think that gold/exp boost up to 4x are new, and you have the ability to turn encounters on/off at will. A lot of things are "quality of life" but they also make the game easier than it ever was.
Sounds good!