The Backlog Check-in Vol. 282: 5/27/23: Street Fighter 6 (and a Special Proposition and Memorial Day 2023) Edition

Phaseknox

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 282: 5/27/23: Street Fighter 6 (and a Special Proposition and Memorial Day 2023) Edition

Post by Phaseknox »

King’s Bounty II is pretty much addicting me the same way that Assassin’s Creed Odyssey did for a lot of the same reasons. The game is similar to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey in that you go around a colorful game world taking on numerous side quests for people, and they’re almost as good as the main story quests. The game world is big, semi-open, varied and packed with quests. And exploration almost always results in finding loot of some kind. While the game world is big, it’s also somewhat compacted and dense made up more of pathways, roads and small fields on the outskirts of villages, towns and cities instead of being one large open and sprawling environment. There’s really no area of it where there’s not something to do, or discover. As for the combat, I like it more now that I understand it better. It’s really good strategic tactical turn-based combat, and it doesn’t feel as out of place now as it originally did.

I chose to play as Katherine who’s blunt, sarcastic and snarky resulting in humorous banter between her and the other characters. If someone prattles on for a long time she bluntly tells them to get to the point already, or remarks that she’s aged years listening to them carry on. She’s not the typical hero type character usually found in these types of games, and that’s what makes her so fun to play as because I always look forward to what she’s going to say in conversations.

This is yet another game that I don’t understand the hate for, because I think that it’s really good. Sure it’s on the lower budget side and a little rough around the edges, but it’s also entertaining and fun which is what matters most IMO.
canedaddy

Re: The Backlog Check-in Vol. 282: 5/27/23: Street Fighter 6 (and a Special Proposition and Memorial Day 2023) Edition

Post by canedaddy »

Never heard of it. Sounds like something I might like.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

canedaddy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:37 amNever heard of it. Sounds like something I might like.
Yeah, I think that you might like it. Amazon has it new for $15.16, and even cheaper used. I paid $7.99 for it digitally when it was on sale which I’m sure that it will be again if you would prefer to wait and buy it for even cheaper, but I admit that if I knew that it was as good as it is I would have paid a little more for a physical copy.
Last edited by Phaseknox on Wed May 31, 2023 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jfissel

Post by jfissel »

Finished: Nothing

Now Playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, ??

Added to Backlog: Nothing

Current Backlog: 43 games

I'm getting close to the end of Layton, should finish up this week hopefully. Did not decide on a PS4/5 game yet.

Discord is great - I'm on a few bourbon-related servers myself. I understand the move concerns, so I'm open to whatever everyone wants.
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

jfissel wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:39 pmDid not decide on a PS4/5 game yet.
King’s Bounty II. ;)
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Ummm...I forgot most of what happened this week. Sorry.

I did delete Cosmic Star Heroine because **** that boring ass game and replaced it with all 3 Vanillaware Vita games to replay those bangers.

Trails of Cold Steel is sooooo slow. I am 4 hours in and it's just a boring slog. If it were an anime, I would have bounced. I am giving it to the 10 hour mark to do literally anything.

Marvel Midnight Suns is baller. I love it. Been having some good times whenever I get a minute to play it. It's ugly as sin on PS4 but it's cool. I made a female Hunter. She's trying to get with Blade because he has great arms. We are going to lift together, I can't wait.

As for the Discord deal, my question is why not both? Does this board have a sticky option? We can have a Discord for those who want to engage with it and have this for posting like normal. I like Discord for my D&D campaign I play with my Exoprimal bestie. It would be great to have Discord ready to go do that when I beat argyle down enough to join us, we can all hop on Discord. So is there an issue with having both, just curious fam :) ?

Oh and sup sonuckles, if I ever get around to that 2022 GOTY list, Sonic Frontiers made the cut! Just wait until y'all see where it placed...this summer. I promise Phase, I will do it this summer :P .
Phaseknox

Post by Phaseknox »

crimson_tide wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:18 pmMarvel Midnight Suns is baller. I love it. Been having some good times whenever I get a minute to play it. It's ugly as sin on PS4 but it's cool. I made a female Hunter. She's trying to get with Blade because he has great arms. We are going to lift together, I can't wait.
I didn’t know that you could create your own character in Marvel Midnight Suns. And it seems as if you like to play as female characters in games just like I do, but it’s gotten so bad for me that I don’t even want to play as male protagonists anymore. There’s exceptions of course if I think that a male protagonist is the right fit for a game like in Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, Yakuza, or in harem JRPGs, but for the most part if I’m not playing as a female protagonist then I don’t want to play. Speaking of female protagonists, you should check out King’s Bounty II and play as Katharine. I have a feeling that you would like her, because she’s blunt, sarcastic and snarky.
crimson_tide wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:18 pmif I ever get around to that 2022 GOTY list, Sonic Frontiers made the cut! Just wait until y'all see where it placed...this summer. I promise Phase, I will do it this summer :P .
I’ll believe it when I see it. :P
crimson_tide

Post by crimson_tide »

Yeah, lately I'm making black women as my gaming avatar when I create a character mostly because I just want a change from giant bearded and bald black/Latino dude that I always make. Whenever I get around to Mass Effect again, I'm definitely doing female Shepherd too. It's just for funsies at the moment. I mostly blame Assassin's Creed because Aya would've made a much better protagonist for that Origins story than Bayek (who I think was already awesome) and Kassandra was clearly who the canon character was for Odyssey. Still down to play as whoever in most cases though :) . I will look into this King's Bounty at some point but my card is full this summer with Midnight Suns, Valhalla and Ishin with SF6 and Exoprimal for Father's Day coming up. Imma be eating good this summer for gaming boys!

I started that Little Noah game last night. I kinda dig it. And it's apparently short. The rogue like loop works for what they are doing and I died three times on the boss but wasn't frustrated like I normally am with these games.