Post screens of what you're playing

isthatallyougot

Re: Post screens of what you're playing

Post by isthatallyougot »

Just throwing out a few images from Shadow Hearts and Madden '06:

I don't know what I was doing when capturing the Shadow Hearts images, lol, but they're not good. Really fun game though.

Dragon kick your a$$ into the Milky Way!
canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Madden 06? :D Love it.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:17 am Madden 06? :D Love it.
You know, it's still fun all these years later, and better than the last Madden I played. ('09 on PS3) And I'm sure it's better than current Madden from what I've seen and read.

I still prefer Tecmo Super Bowl and ESPN NFL 2K5, but the PS2 era Maddens were really great too.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Yeah, my go-to football games are Techmo and ESPN 2K5. Last time I tried Madden was 2013, I believe... didn't click with me.

However, given that my QB is on the cover of this year's edition, and given that you can play as a Miami Hurricane draft prospect, I'll probably get it at some point.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:08 pm Yeah, my go-to football games are Techmo and ESPN 2K5. Last time I tried Madden was 2013, I believe... didn't click with me.

However, given that my QB is on the cover of this year's edition, and given that you can play as a Miami Hurricane draft prospect, I'll probably get it at some point.
Like most sports games, they're always better in human vs human multiplayer, of course. But Madden kind of went down the crapper fairly quickly after the exclusivity deal with the NFL imo. But I'm only speaking from second hand experience really - only what I've watched and read since I haven't played a new one since '09.

No sports is killing me. (I'm still watching empty stadium soccer though. :P)

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

Yeah, and honestly, I don't see any light on the horizon. MLB players left and right are opting out for the dumb short season, and the NFLPA is already grumbling about players' "safety." I'm setting my expectations on "no sports until 2021."
isthatallyougot

Yeah, me too. I've already made my peace with (normal) "life on pause" in so many ways.

isthatallyougot

Some screens of Walden. I had a good time with this. If you love Thoreau, nature, or the quiet and simple life, it's worth spending some time with.

canedaddy

Post by canedaddy »

I see a fishing minigame... sold.
isthatallyougot

canedaddy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:15 pm I see a fishing minigame... sold.
LOL, I thought of you when taking that image. To be fair, the systems in the game are mostly superfluous and poorly realized. I mean, they work fine mechanically, but to give an example - You can repair your little cabin completely, and the next "day" it's in ruins. (Sometimes even the same day.) Granted days aren't meant to represent single days, but it's still poor design. (There are no real penalties for any neglect, in fairness.) But they do impart the flavor of being Thoreau in the woods on Walden, and in that respect they succeed. This is more an experience than a traditional game. It's about inhabiting Thoreau's shoes during his time in Concord/Walden pond and it does a great job at that.